What happened to sony vegas

A few years ago i remember many people were saying how great sony vegas was but nowadays I realise basically no one is using it anymore and have switched over to adobe and final cut. Is it just me or did something happen to vegas pro?

I actually thing Sony Vegas is more for the people who just want to do basic things and get into VFX because if I compare AE to Vegas Pro, AE has a way more steep learning curve and can be frustrating at first. I used to work with Vegas Pro 14 (got a good deal) but since I have the Adobe Master Collection CS6 (which includes all the damn adobe software including shit you will never need) since like 4 years or so I started using that with time because I felt like I can do more in AE than in Vegas. BUT I have to say, Vegas was definetly easier to learn and get into but lacked the depth for me that AE can offer for the price of having a steep learning curve

cause its knd of amiture hour now compred to other editing software adobe premier and final cut X are basically the industry standard these days so if you want to become a proffessional video editor your basically wasting your time if you use anything else.

I lurk a lot

2 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Its actually called Magix Vegas now since Vegas 14.  Magix bought it from Sony a few years back.

2 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Its actually called Magix Vegas now since Vegas 14.  Magix bought it from Sony a few years back.

8 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

I actually thing Sony Vegas is more for the people who just want to do basic things and get into VFX because if I compare AE to Vegas Pro, AE has a way more steep learning curve and can be frustrating at first. I used to work with Vegas Pro 14 (got a good deal) but since I have the Adobe Master Collection CS6 (which includes all the damn adobe software including shit you will never need) since like 4 years or so I started using that with time because I felt like I can do more in AE than in Vegas. BUT I have to say, Vegas was definetly easier to learn and get into but lacked the depth for me that AE can offer for the price of having a steep learning curve

ah i see thanks for your help

I’d use Sony Vegas if it fucking worked with my soundcard блят. 

Гозюл never get back to me on how to get it to work so I use lightworks cuz I’m poor and didn’t pirate adobe yet. 

3klicksphilip uses Sony Vegas still. He doesn’t like the subscription model & already has and knows how to use Vegas. I don’t want a subscription program either so I only use a premium or free video editor.