Help, i have to reseat Ram/CMOS Battery just so the Computer would boot to BIOS.

KenXeiko

Proccesor : i5 4670k

PSU : Seasonic Focus 550FX 

CPU Cooler : Deepcool Gammaxx 300

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z87 D3HP

Ram : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 MHZ

I dont know what exactly the problem is, the cause, or the reason why but i guess i have a clue. The Computer doesnt boot to BIOS unless i reseat the Ram, or remove the CMOS for 5 minutes or less then put it back, it would Boot to BIOS . Im able to restart the PC then able to go to BIOS again but whenever i shut it down then turn it on, it turns on for more than 10 seconds then enters a loop of turning on and off until i shut it down myself then reseat the ram, etc.

There are certain times where the PC would show something on the screen, i would see a singular underscore, it would move downwards, freeze then my PC would turn off. My KB and Mouse' Leds would turn on.

I just purchased a brand new Power Supply, installed it, no GPU, and HDD installed while i attempted to turn it on. The Power Supply does a single 1-time clicking noise when it turns on or off but i assume that's normal. 

Tried a different RAM stick and still faced the same problem. Tried a HDD with Win. 7 installed and it still didn't boot. Is it the motherboard?

Tried the eraser method for Ram, and that liquid thing for the motherboard , still didn't work. The BIOS is at the latest version although i last updated it 2 years ago. Tried a new CMOS battery , still didnt work. At this point i assume its the Motherboard that i have to replace no? Should i attempt to Q Flash it then downgrade? Is it because there are some wires from the PSU that are not attached?

Most likely is the motherboard. I am not sure about the clicky thing with the PSU, someone could fill you in on that.

This is very far fetched but have you overclocked your RAM at all? Do you have XMP on? (if your CPU supports it, not sure)

Try reverting to an older version of the BIOS to see if that works.

You probably already have, but check to see if the PSU 24 pin is correctly seated.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

1 hour ago, MrShinny said:

Most likely is the motherboard. I am not sure about the clicky thing with the PSU, someone could fill you in on that.

This is very far fetched but have you overclocked your RAM at all? Do you have XMP on? (if your CPU supports it, not sure)

Try reverting to an older version of the BIOS to see if that works.

You probably already have, but check to see if the PSU 24 pin is correctly seated.

The PSU clicks once when the PC turns on, then clicks once again when it turns off, i did some searching and they said it's fine, although i'm not sure.

I tried turning XMP on, or off, no budge.

I havent tried that, i will as soon as i have time and possibly update you.

Stupid question but is it possible to have the 24 pin in reverse?

No, because the 24 pin has a locking mechanism to insure correct pins make contact. This is an odd question, but are all DIMM Slots, including unoccupied ones, locked? If there are unlocked ones, lock them. I was having this problem, with reseating the RAM after every shutdown, but last time, I just locked my unoccupied DIMM slot, and it worked.