Project Medusa [complete]

Go to solution Solved by Fonzie Scheme,

vote.png

this looks great ! I'm all in love with smal PCs :D

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

I love it! This blue has a vintage feel to it :) 

lT1o3VL.gif

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

this looks great ! I'm all in love with smal PCs :D

I've wanted to build one since I first saw the new form factor! Actually would love to build a Pico-ITX but I don't think I could find one with anywhere near these specs.

I love it! This blue has a vintage feel to it :)

It's funny, I had such mixed feelings about the color and it's the thing people seem to like most about it. It kind of grew on me too :) It's a Krylon spray called "Bahama Sea". Total Vintage :) even the EVGA case badge kinda has a '50s look to it. LOL

Lexan side panel cut and test fitted. I used a jigsaw so it isn't perfect but it's going to have to do. I also picked up some fancy pop just because.

DSCN1484.JPG

I just need to sand and polish the edge then clean up some bits inside the case and put a filter on the intake fan. It's running and I did a clean install of Windows 8.1 but I might end up putting Linux on it once HTML5 Netflix playback is available in Firefox.

vote.png

I just thought I'd throw in a shot of one of the many mistakes I made during the project and a teaser of the final build. I've added pics of the finished build to the first post. Thanks for checking it out.

Primer Failure!

DSCN1154.JPG

WHY AREN'T YOU STICKING! shazbotstix.png

DSCN1501.JPG

This side panel is going to be a magnet for dust and scratches :( LOL

One quick update. I had an extra piece of lexan that had been cut a bit rough, I decided to fix it up and put it on the side covering the drives. I think it looks pretty good.

DSCN1515.JPG

Not a bad build at all mate WD ,nicely done infact.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

I'm sitting here literately cry that the case badge isn't centered. I'm sorry but i hate your case. Get that thing centered then its nice but until then. 

lol I was thinking I would try and apply the rule of thirds and that the badge would balance against the power and reset switches. I didn't mean to make you cry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Rule of thirds works in photography but you dont usually have much symmetry within nature. I also think it might look better in the middle or even badge less.

Nice build though! Like the short cabling, you should think about sleeving the cable that blue colour of the case.

Rule of thirds works in photography but you dont usually have much symmetry within nature. I also think it might look better in the middle or even badge less.

Nice build though! Like the short cabling, you should think about sleeving the cable that blue colour of the case.

Blue sleeving would probably look pretty good, I might have to give it a try. I actually gave a little tug on the case badge, the adhesive they use seems pretty strong :(

Very nice build. Love the simple lines and especially the colour. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

Thanks, I could really see this little case catching on. I've already seen a few builds that use it.

Blue sleeving would probably look pretty good, I might have to give it a try. I actually gave a little tug on the case badge, the adhesive they use seems pretty strong :(

Yeh, blue sleeving would look awesome! I found that getting case badges off can be a pain. I use a thin blade like a stanley knife to pry it off, being very careful not to chip the paint...

I'm sitting here literately cry that the case badge isn't centered. I'm sorry but i hate your case. Get that thing centered then its nice but until then. 

Alright crybaby, Which do you prefer? ;) jk I'm leaning towards keeping the case badge.

5y3qk.gif

Love the case  :wub: . Anyway good luck looks fantastic! 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Thanks nkucz, I'm might put the badge here like below:

DSCN1526.JPG

I probably shouldn't have put complete in the title :( anyway, please ignore the man behind the camera LOL

Thanks nkucz, I'm might put the badge here like below:

I probably shouldn't have put complete in the title :( anyway, please ignore the man behind the camera LOL

MUCH better.

LOL so, you like the total center or the lower center? I think I prefer the lower center, you don't even know how much trouble you caused me. I almost forgot about the badge entirely!

p.s. the lower badge covers the scratches I made removing it from the first location :..(