• Intel core i7 3770
  • EVGA Z77 Stinger [mini-itx]
  • Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz [8GB]
  • Samsung 840 Pro [512GB]
  • Seagate Barracuda Green [2 x 1.5TB Mirrored]
  • EVGA GTX 670 [4GB]
  • Seasonic Platinum 660
  • Cubitek Mini-Cube [modified]
  • Stock air cooling w/ Noctua fans (*Noctua NH-U9B wouldn't fit on this board)

*disclaimer: better choices could have been made in the selection of some the components but I got nervous and clicked 'checkout'.

This is my first legit build so I thought I'd share it here, I usually hang out in the twitchchat during the live steam. I finally finished cutting and polishing the lexan side panel and everything is buttoned up and running. I still have to troubleshoot a power issue and run some tests but as far as the build everything is done except for the filter on the intake fan (7.99 for the filter 9.00 for shipping)! Thanks for checking it out, I've posted a few bloopers at the end of the post!

DSCN1500.JPG

DSCN1504.JPG

My attempt at a sexy shot using my crappy camera and non-existent skills.

DSCN1493.JPG

Sorry for the poor camera work :(

vote.png

Why the amazing teasing?  :D

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

It's what I do! I'm afraid the build won't live up to the tease though :)

Why buy an overclocking oriented motherboard and buy a non-k CPU?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Good question, I wish I had a better answer. It had everything I needed in terms of ports and I figured being a higher end board the components used would be top notch. It also looks badass (* for an ity-bity itx board). :P

* components not so top notch. I traced a power issue back to the motherboard and they're sending me a new one now.

I'm excited :3

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

398135_297975850305737_1924914668_n.jpg

Ca02.gif

Medusa

Preparing some wire for the graphics card power cable. I've also included a couple of shots from the start of the build.

DSCN1430.JPG

First coat of primer:

DSCN1148.JPG

After wet sanding the primer:

DSCN1168.JPG

Flat black inner panels:

DSCN1302.JPG

Color coat before clear and polish:

DSCN1328.JPG

Testing out the unique drive mounts:

DSCN1329.JPG

I'm getting pretty close to finishing the build, if everything works out I hope to have it up and running this week. The drive mounts are nice and solid but didn't leave a lot of room for the cables to the drives, which is why I'm building the power cables from scratch. I really wanted to find some left and right 90 degree round SATA cables but haven't had any luck yet, the straight ones will work but they are under some stress. Let me know what you think so far.

vote.png

Thank you, I was really not sure if I was going to keep the color or not. I almost sanded it off and painted the whole case black! I'm kind of glad I didn't though, plus getting a nice finish on the paint is a tonne of work. I never really expected it to be as hard as it was and there are actually some fine scratches that seem to be beneath the clear coat and I really don't know at what stage I went wrong. It's going to have to do for this build though.

Liking the looks of it! Can't wait for the finished build :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

That's an awesome paint job on the case  :)

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Thanks, I just received a package from Mouser Electronics from UPS! Looks like I'll be doing some wiring tonight :) Now to check on the rivets shazbotstix.png

Got some good bits today.

DSCN1434.JPG

Molex crimper and the bits for the SATA power cables, some sweet little hook & loop fasteners (velcro) $1 for 12 sets and the countersunk rivets. Unfortunately I also became a victim of freight-rape. The store that brought them in for me charged me 3x what the rivets were worth for freight! They also ordered 4x what I had asked for but since they were kind enough to bring them in for me I guess I can forgive them. I also picked up some fancy beer just because.

p.s. Thanks Curt ;)

Thank you and thank  you for modifying your previous post. I'm just working on wiring right now. The case has been riveted back together and I hope to power it up for a little test run tonight. Then all that's left is to cut the lexan side panel and button it up! :)

Ca02.gif

Medusa

Well I've got power to the drives wired in and the 6 pin ends on the GPU power cables but I think that's all for tonight. Here are a few shots of the project:

DSCN1436.JPG

It was close with these rivets, I was right at the end of their grip range but luckily I managed to get them nice and snug.

DSCN1442.JPG

Pins for the SATA power connectors standing guard.

DSCN1450.JPG

Some pins crimped and ready to go.

DSCN1440.JPG

I need to get some more zip ties for the power cables tomorrow.

DSCN1458.JPG

Power to the drives pull through to the back.

DSCN1461.JPG

An attempt at keeping some of the cables in place.

DSCN1466.JPG

The drives in place and wired up.

DSCN1467.JPG

More cables... I think the side panel is going to fit without issue... hmmm.. I might have to put some extra wire in just for proper cable management ;)

DSCN1468.JPG

I know it's not pr0n but I'll try and get some for the big finish :) I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a used Canon t4i. Let me know what you think.

vote.png

Ca02.gif

Medusa

Wiring is finished and the system is currently running, the magic smoke still hasn't been released!

DSCN1476.JPG

... a couple more shots of wire!

DSCN1475.JPG

DSCN1473.JPG

DSCN1472.JPG

I think the wiring turned out OK but once again ended up being a lot harder than I had anticipated, especially when a bad crimp lets go and you don't have a pin puller!

vote.png

Shortest GPU cables I have ever seen haha! Nice Compact Build!! Love it!!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Thanks, the case is really nice to work with especially if you plan on a custom paint job. I put most of the parts in with the lid off. :) I also like that the 120mm is delivering fresh cool air directly into the GPU intake. I still have some setup to do before I run some tests but it seems to be idling a little bit hot. According to the onboard readout it's idling at around 47 degrees. :(