Not optimal performance

I just got a new build with ryzen5 2600 and 1070ti but some games are getting lower than expected framerates and for example PUBG crashes almost instantly after launching. I've tried changing ram slots, clearing cmos, installing older versions of graphics drivers and nothing worked. The pc was working fine until couple of hours ago...

Well, what did you do a couple of hours ago?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Well, what did you do a couple of hours ago?

I installed Pubg, directly from Steam. When I tried to run it, it crashed right after the initial loading screen. I thought that it's odd, so I tried a few things, like: Disabling Anti Virus, Exit from all of the background programs, verified game files through Steam, then reinstalled Pubg and still nothing. Then I fired up Rivals Of Aether, which is a game that I MUST be able to run, it worked just fine on my old pc (smash type of game, very easy to run). That lagged for some reason, the fps counter kept showing 45-50 fps both in main menu and in game. After that I tried playing Dirty Bomb (earlier today I ran it at Max Settings at 180 Fps, which is capped by the game engine). It showed around 160 fps, same settings and same scenario (I played the tutorial), which is odd, where did those 20 fps go? Then after all sorts of ideas, like changing ram slots, installed older gpu drivers, installed new drivers for other stuff, and finally resetting Cmos and still nothing. Then I decided to do a clean windows reinstall. I took a usb, completely empy, downloaded the windows media creation tool, and started the process. It downloaded windows, and when the creation began, soon it reported and error with no actual info, just said there's a problem. I tried formatting the usb, but it said it failed at doing that. When I tried it again it worked and I started the process again. After some waiting it reported the same problem again (Error code is 0x80042405 - 0xA001A). So now I can't even reinstall windows. Any help would really be appreciated...

Edit: I forgot to mention I ran Windows in Safe mode, and then tried playing Rivals of Aether again. That time it had fluid 60 fps WHILE in game. In menus it was still laggy. So it makes me think it's due to Windows?

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

How are temperatures?

The temps are fine, right now Gpu is sitting at 38 C, and Cpu at 41C. Everything is at stock, I haven't overclocked anything and the cpu cooler is the stock Ryzen cooler. So that shouldn't be a problem...

6 hours ago, InsertFunnyNameHere said:

I installed Pubg, directly from Steam. When I tried to run it, it crashed right after the initial loading screen. I thought that it's odd, so I tried a few things, like: Disabling Anti Virus, Exit from all of the background programs, verified game files through Steam, then reinstalled Pubg and still nothing. Then I fired up Rivals Of Aether, which is a game that I MUST be able to run, it worked just fine on my old pc (smash type of game, very easy to run). That lagged for some reason, the fps counter kept showing 45-50 fps both in main menu and in game. After that I tried playing Dirty Bomb (earlier today I ran it at Max Settings at 180 Fps, which is capped by the game engine). It showed around 160 fps, same settings and same scenario (I played the tutorial), which is odd, where did those 20 fps go? Then after all sorts of ideas, like changing ram slots, installed older gpu drivers, installed new drivers for other stuff, and finally resetting Cmos and still nothing. Then I decided to do a clean windows reinstall. I took a usb, completely empy, downloaded the windows media creation tool, and started the process. It downloaded windows, and when the creation began, soon it reported and error with no actual info, just said there's a problem. I tried formatting the usb, but it said it failed at doing that. When I tried it again it worked and I started the process again. After some waiting it reported the same problem again (Error code is 0x80042405 - 0xA001A). So now I can't even reinstall windows. Any help would really be appreciated...

Edit: I forgot to mention I ran Windows in Safe mode, and then tried playing Rivals of Aether again. That time it had fluid 60 fps WHILE in game. In menus it was still laggy. So it makes me think it's due to Windows?

Yeah, Windows is fucked up. Keep trying to install it in different ways (if you have a CD/DVD drive, try using that), and see if that works.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah, Windows is fucked up. Keep trying to install it in different ways (if you have a CD/DVD drive, try using that), and see if that works.

I am the same person who created this thread (my friend let me make the thread on his account because I had forgotten my password, and I can't get to it now because: I went to windows settings and started clean install from within the Os (I have literally no data there except for like 20GB of games from Steam). It started the process and so I let it do it's thing. It's been a few hours now that it's running and it seems to be stuck at 9%. Forgot to mention I have 240GB SSD and 2TB Hard drive, and the Windows is installed on the SSD and Steam games are on the HDD. Is it stuck or is it taking too long? Also, what would happen if I turned it off and/or back on? I'm writing this from a laptop and it's currently downloading Windows 10 trough the Media Creation Tool on the formatted Usb drive. If it's taking too long, I'm thinking about reinstalling Windows via the Usb. Could that work well? Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, dusanm said:

currently downloading Windows 10 trough the Media Creation Tool on the formatted Usb drive. If it's taking too long, I'm thinking about reinstalling Windows via the Usb. Could that work well?

It could work, but didn't you say the Windows USB install wasn't working? You can try it again though.

22 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

It could work, but didn't you say the Windows USB install wasn't working? You can try it again though.

Reinstall from within Windows was stuck, but the Usb stick one worked flawlessly! I'm writing this from the same pc and it's got amazing performance now! I'm very pleased with how Ryzen and 1070 Ti are handling literally anything I throw at it! Thanks to everyone for helping me!

2 hours ago, dusanm said:

I'm writing this from the same pc and it's got amazing performance now! I'm very pleased with how Ryzen and 1070 Ti are handling literally anything I throw at it! Thanks to everyone for helping me!

Windows 10 can sometimes have a negative affect on performance, especially if it's a dodgy install. Glad you got it fixed! :)