Cant ping my router

I have Windows Server 2016 setup in my laptop using VM Ware. i have connected 2 network adapters to this VM, which is my Ethernet and my WIFI adapter. The Ethernet is connected to another laptop which is running server 2016 as a DHCP server. my second network adapter is the WIFI adapter which is connected to my router that provides IP addresses from its own DHCP. my problem is i can connect to this router and even get an IP from it but i cant ping it or the other computers connected to it. i cannot also access internet from it. any suggestions to troubleshoot this would be very helpful. Thank you.

Windows by default blocks icmp packets (which is what ping is sending). Create windows firewall exceptions to allow icmp before continuing.

You have a both a laptop and a router serving dhcp addresses? first make sure that both are not set to assign addresses from the same range, ideally entirely different subnets. Next make sure that the interfaces are getting the dhcp address from the correct servers. you need to go over your firewall and routing rules to make sure traffic is getting routed properly.