Running 1440p external monitor

jokse25

So, I have just received a new 32" 1440p monitor that I would like to use with my old asus k53s laptop.

Issue I'm having is that as far as I understand, HD graphics 3000 is not able to run 1440p at 60HZ, giving me an error "bandwidth limit reached" or something. However the dedicated graphics card, nvidia 610m should support this resolution per my research. I am able to get it up to 1440p, only with interlaced refresh rate, quickly causing a headache and terrible flickering.

Is there a way to force the computer to use dedicated graphics for the HDMI port, or in general disable integrated graphics completely? Or would there be any other workaround?

1. Tried disabling the HD graphics driver - turns the monitor off completely

2. Checked BIOS for a setting to turn off integrated graphics, but there was no setting for that.

3. Set 'preferred graphics processor' to the nvidia processor in the nvidia CP but that does not affect windows, only games I assume.

4. Nvidia control panel does not give me display settings, only 3D settings.

nope, as it is optimus, display output ports are hardwired into the iGPU and when using the dGPU to do graphics, the dGPU ends up putting it's output frames into the iGPU and the iGPU outputs it to the display

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.