OBS Game Capture Black Screen

Go to solution Solved by wildgg,
1 hour ago, Nathan5660 said:

It SEEMS to have worked. Im too tired to test it properly today so i will poke about later or tomorrow. 

let us know if that fixed the issue and if so make sure you mark the thread as solved!

So, for some reason the Game capture Source dosnt work. It just shows a black screen. No matter which game I play. Display Capture works but game capture does not.....I have fiddled with all the settings. Window tittle must match and all that. But still nothing Its very annoying. 

Display capture is ok, but its laggy AF where as Game Capture isnt. 

Show a picture of the main window. You might have forgotten to enable video inputs. 

Edit:

or set it up imporoperly. 

I recommend YouTubing “barnacles nerdgasm obs” 

Video input? Surley thats....a video clip....like a intro video or something isnt it? 

56 minutes ago, Nathan5660 said:

Display capture is ok, but its laggy AF where as Game Capture isnt

Is game capture not laggy AF because it's not capturing anything?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

You need to right click on game capture, go into properties, and then select which game you want to record. If you didn't do this, then you would get a black screen.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

I tried everything guys. Literally every bit of advice on the internet, reinstalled OBS three times, rebooted my PC, rebooted the game, and yes i had the game selected in properties im not that dense

right click the game capture>properties>mode:capture any full screen application> then select Use anti-cheat compatibility hook

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

Also make sure you don't have G-sync or Freesync disabled. I've read these can interfere with game capture.

2 hours ago, wildthing said:

right click the game capture>properties>mode:capture any full screen application> then select Use anti-cheat compatibility hook

It SEEMS to have worked. Im too tired to test it properly today so i will poke about later or tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Nathan5660 said:

Video input? Surley thats....a video clip....like a intro video or something isnt it? 

Quote me so I see. I don’t autofollow threads. 

In the the main window, there’s a section for video input & a section for audio input. You have to right click and add inputs to the scene. 

Edit: If you searched the video I said to, there’s a very comprehensive guide on how to use OBS. 

To give bit easier switching, have hotkey for detecting active game window. If you haven't had that already. Otherwise you will need scene for each different game.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Nathan5660 said:

let us know if that fixed the issue and if so make sure you mark the thread as solved!

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15