Same memory kits but they show different speeds

Not sure why this shows different speeds?

Both kits are the exact same.

Any ideas? 

Untitled.png

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

the week/year shows that the version has changed.

might also be noted on the module itself by version (i know corsair does this).

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

the week/year shows that the version has changed.

might also be noted on the module itself by version (i know corsair does this).

So in other words its normal and the memory isn't defective? 

I was just confused when I saw that. 

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

just makes booting a nightmare as which XMP profile will be used?

booting 2133 or 2400 with what CAS, tRAS, tRC. this is what purchasing memory at a later date can pop-up.

and some might wonder why their machines don't perform properly. identical =/= identical NOT.

once in XMP selection then it seems to be an equal footing.

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

booting 2133 or 2400 with what CAS, tRAS, tRC. this is what purchasing memory at a later date can pop-up.

and some might wonder why their machines don't perform properly. identical =/= identical NOT.

It only showed one XMP profile in the bios. 

3200, 16-18-18-38 1.35V

but the JDEC is what is different and this is solved during memory training. on POST, the system may boot multiple tims to find what memory compatibility may have to resort to to boot/run. when the systems is at 'default' what speeds are you seeing?

18 minutes ago, airdeano said:

The XMP profile appears to be the same, the newer kit just has faster JEDEC profiles in SPD. This helps performance a little for those people who forget to enable XMP.

21 minutes ago, airdeano said:

but the JDEC is what is different and this is solved during memory training. on POST, the system may boot multiple tims to find what memory compatibility may have to resort to to boot/run. when the systems is at 'default' what speeds are you seeing?

With no xmp enabled, it boots up without any issues. 

Speed shows 2133

32 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

The XMP profile appears to be the same, the newer kit just has faster JEDEC profiles in SPD. This helps performance a little for those people who forget to enable XMP.

Even with xmp off, the speed is 2133?

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

@Dive5885 the system always uses JEDEC specs of the weakest module when set to automatic (default). Since XMP is the same, there shouldn't be any problem with XMP enabled.

2 hours ago, ProximaOfZeal said:

@Dive5885 the system always uses JEDEC specs of the weakest module when set to automatic (default). Since XMP is the same, there shouldn't be any problem with XMP enabled.

Its interesting that this could even happen lol 

So far I have had zero issues. Everything runs fine with XMP on or off. 

CPU-Z only lists limited SPD profiles. If you want to see more, try Thaiphoon Burner. It might be they are the same, apart from the additional 1200 speed profiles on the newer module.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible