Finally Time to Update to 8.1?

DrewRockon

Hey guys, a few months back I updated to 8.1 and thought it was better than 8... at least until the glitches came. Most notably the bug people were experiencing where the person's computer would just freeze for a few minutes. It eventually got to the point that I just uninstalled and re-installed win8. So now I'm wondering if anyone who has 8.1 has seen this problem and others like it get patched. I would like to finally move back to 8.1.

Thanks!

Currently using Windows 8.1 and not experiencing any issues with it in terms of freezing randomly so I think its fixed and the mouse issue was fixed which was also great.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I installed W8.1 two days ago, and I had an issue with W8.1 freezing randomly with 100% usage. It turned out it was caused by CoreTemp RC6 opening. It was so bad that I couldn't boot into desktop before freezing within five seconds. Other than that, I have no major problems with W8.1.

There's one little problem that doesn't really matter. When you click on the administrative filter in Event Viewer, you get some error. It's easily fixed by regedit.