gpu not detected in pci-e slot

heyhey,

i just recieved a rx460 4gb oc from msi, but it doesnt work.

the fan spins, it gets warm, but no signal. the motherboard bios does not notice the pci-e slot being utilized, neither does windows.

other gpu's work in the pci-e slot. what could be the problem? i am not able to flash the bios because the pc doesnt know the videocard is in there.

best regards

Do you have two monitors? What is your motherboard model? Have you made sure you didn't forget to plug in the PCIE power connectors? Have you made sure the GPU is in securely?

6 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Do you have two monitors? What is your motherboard model? Have you made sure you didn't forget to plug in the PCIE power connectors? Have you made sure the GPU is in securely?

one monitor. msi B350m Mortar Arctic. rx460 has no power connector. it is in securly and re-seated.

1 minute ago, acv159357n said:

one monitor. msi B350m Mortar Arctic. rx460 has no power connector. it is in securly and re-seated.

Alright, so do you have an integrated gpu on the cpu?

24 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Alright, so do you have an integrated gpu on the cpu?

Nope, ryzen 1600. My other gpu's do work in all the x16 slots, so its not the mobo.

Just now, acv159357n said:

Nope, ryzen 1600. My other gpu's do work in all the x16 slots, so its not the mobo.

The pc does post (obviously) with 2 gpu's installed, via the other card. Than that gpu gets detected but tge rx460 does not.