Too hot?! HELP

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

Those temperatures seem expected if it's a hot day and you don't have AC.

Your temperatures are completely fine, there's no cause for worry until your CPU and/or GPU reach 90+ Celsius.

Hey guys!

So my question is, I have an i7 8700k and a kraken x62 AIO cooler. I just played some overwatch and temps are between 57 or even 60 celsius. On idle the CPU is between 35-45. Is that okay? I mean I never reached 60 celsius until now.

NOTE: right now we have a very hot day, over 30 celsius outside and I don't have A/C.

Also my AORUS gtx 1080 reached a 77 celsius, is that fine as well?

Thanks for the answers!

Your temperatures are completely fine, there's no cause for worry until your CPU and/or GPU reach 90+ Celsius.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

These are the finest of temperatures.

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

9 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

These are the finest of temperatures.

Thank guys! Was just making sure :) Expected some lower temperatures on CPU though, since it's a liquid AIO.

13 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Oh and I also forgot that I also selected an OC setting in motherboard, so I have my CPU running at 4.7ghz I believe.

33 minutes ago, Kranolf said:

Oh and I also forgot that I also selected an OC setting in motherboard, so I have my CPU running at 4.7ghz I believe.

Still amazing temps, especially with that kind of overclock.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

51 minutes ago, Kranolf said:

Thank guys! Was just making sure :) Expected some lower temperatures on CPU though, since it's a liquid AIO.

Well since between the intel cpu heatspreader and the cpu itself is literally toothpaste, so it is an amazing temps for a non delid 8700k.

4 hours ago, Kranolf said:

Your idle temp is barely above your ambient air temp and your load temps are great if its a hot day with no AC. You cant do better than that without refrigeration?(and you dont need to do that).

77C for that GPU in a hot environment is fine too. Just make sure you dust it often enough and thoroughly.

Thank you very much guys!

Another thing I noticed is the unrealistic RPM of the CPU fan. HWMonitor says that max was 40k RPM, and yea I can hear something spinning up and down sometimes, although it's not too loud. That healthy?

40 thousand RPM??? Thats faster than the turbopump in the Space Shuttles main engine!

You mean 4k? I hope?

27 minutes ago, Kranolf said:

HWMonitor says that max was 40k RPM

that is 100% a bugged sensor. thats 4x faster than the superfan in the below video

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 7/6/2018 at 12:57 PM, Amazonsucks said:

40 thousand RPM??? Thats faster than the turbopump in the Space Shuttles main engine!

You mean 4k? I hope?

No unfortunately.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, Sierra Fox said:

that is 100% a bugged sensor. thats 4x faster than the superfan in the below video

Damn...what can I do about it?

On 7/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, Sierra Fox said:

It didn't reach 40k this time, but this is what I saw 15 minutes after opening HWMonitor.

cpufan.PNG

a very hot day, over 30 celsius outside

Spoiler

it's cold outside

l-14692-scientists-global-warming-is-a-s

temps are ok and don't worry about the fan sensor, you can just hide it

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

9 hours ago, Kranolf said:

It didn't reach 40k this time, but this is what I saw 15 minutes after opening HWMonitor.

cpufan.PNG

Thats a hilarious bug for a sensor to have. Its ready for liftoff at that speed

9 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Thats a hilarious bug for a sensor to have. Its ready for liftoff at that speed

anything I can do about it?

2 hours ago, Kranolf said:

anything I can do about it?

Im not sure. Do other utilities also report the same speed? If its just the utility misreading it i wouldnt worry about it at all.

3 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Im not sure. Do other utilities also report the same speed? If its just the utility misreading it i wouldnt worry about it at all.

Not sure, trying to see what CAM shows, but it's always reporting some normal speed, and it only shows the current, there's not history of it. And these high speeds probably last for a single second or so.

50 minutes ago, Kranolf said:

Not sure, trying to see what CAM shows, but it's always reporting some normal speed, and it only shows the current, there's not history of it. And these high speeds probably last for a single second or so.

Oh if it says the ridiculous speed intermittently its probably just a bad sensor rather than software misreading it. As long as it only does it for a second it should be ok. 

The only potential problem i could forsee with the inaccuracy of the RPM reading is if it thinks its stuck spinning at 40k RPM and tries to drop it down to a normal speed, and makes the fan super slow. Although i think it will just ramp the PWM/Voltage up if it gets hot because it slows the fan... if it even slows it in such an event.

What is the TMPIN4 thsts registering 0C and 128C in your screenshot btw?

7 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Oh if it says the ridiculous speed intermittently its probably just a bad sensor rather than software misreading it. As long as it only does it for a second it should be ok. 

The only potential problem i could forsee with the inaccuracy of the RPM reading is if it thinks its stuck spinning at 40k RPM and tries to drop it down to a normal speed, and makes the fan super slow. Although i think it will just ramp the PWM/Voltage up if it gets hot because it slows the fan... if it even slows it in such an event.

What is the TMPIN4 thsts registering 0C and 128C in your screenshot btw?

I checked that on google, people say that's nothing, just a random number.