Focusrite Scarlett Solo or Multimixer

NotMrTaco

Hi, I am going to be using a at2020 xlr microphone as well as either dt 990/dt880/ k7xx I am not exactly sure one which pair of headphones for gaming and music listening. I was thinking that which interface would be better to use with my audio equipment. An Alesis 4 channel mixer (MULTIMIX4USBFX) or the Focusrite Scarlett Solo for my mic and amp as well. Which one would be better, and would it be a good idea to go that route?

I'd say if you can afford the slightly higher price, go for the Focusrite Solo (Or even the 2i2 for future expansion) as it will have a higher quality than the cheap DAC in the mutimix as that is primarily a mixer and not an audio interface, as well as lower latency with the Scarlett.

If you are also wanting some software routing/patching; VoiceMeeter / VoiceMeeter BANANA are great programs for this, solid perfomance and full of features, free of course.

9 hours ago, Psychopath said:

I'd say if you can afford the slightly higher price, go for the Focusrite Solo (Or even the 2i2 for future expansion) as it will have a higher quality than the cheap DAC in the mutimix as that is primarily a mixer and not an audio interface, as well as lower latency with the Scarlett.

If you are also wanting some software routing/patching; VoiceMeeter / VoiceMeeter BANANA are great programs for this, solid perfomance and full of features, free of course.

Would it be good to use the Scarlett as a amp/dac for the headphones or a separate amp such as the e10k?

On 05/07/2018 at 6:18 PM, NotMrTaco said:

Would it be good to use the Scarlett as a amp/dac for the headphones or a separate amp such as the e10k?

It really depends on how much you want to/are able to spend and how high a quality you want the audio to be.

The Scarlett would work for headphones, providing they are not of too high impedance. From a quick online search, it seems they are not to be used with headphones greater than 250 ohms.  

Have you decided on a set of headphones yet or are you still undecided on which ones to get?

2 hours ago, Psychopath said:

It really depends on how much you want to/are able to spend and how high a quality you want the audio to be.

The Scarlett would work for headphones, providing they are not of too high impedance. From a quick online search, it seems they are not to be used with headphones greater than 250 ohms.  

Have you decided on a set of headphones yet or are you still undecided on which ones to get?

I am thinking on getting dt990's or dt 770's

On 7/11/2018 at 3:37 AM, NotMrTaco said:

I am thinking on getting dt990's or dt 770's

They are both stated as being 250 ohms, so would work but would be bang on the limit of the Scarlett's amp capability, so if you have the money I would go for an external DAC/headphone amp but you should still be able to use the Scarlett's headphone out.