UPS POWER SUPPLY

SINCLR

I just brought this guy which has 2 plugs in the back...I currently run 2 plugs from the wall...

1x extension cord to the other side of the room running 3 multiplug strips - (WALL-EXT CORD-MULTIPLUG STRIP-MULTIPLUG STRIP-MULTIPLUG STRIP.)

and 1x multiplug which has all the pc stuff plugged into it and 2 other multiplug strips in total...(WALL-MULTIPLUG-EXT CORD-MULTIPLUG-MULTIPLUG)

Will it be ok to simply plug the ups into the wall then plug these two cords into the ups? 

651651615.JPG

8 minutes ago, SINCLR said:

-SNIP-

As long as the cord is appropriately sized for the load and power bars don't exceed it's max rating but ideally you don't want to daisy chain that many devices together especially if they are high power. Next thign you want to ensure is that your total load won't exceed the capability of the UPS unit itself. I would recommend to get a good quality UPS as it's the same principles as a good quality PSU for your computer since that is one I've never heard of. 

-Moved to Case and Power Supplies-

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

As long as the cord is appropriately sized for the load and power bars don't exceed it's max rating but ideally you don't want to daisy chain that many devices together especially if they are high power. Next thign you want to ensure is that your total load won't exceed the capability of the UPS unit itself. I would recommend to get a good quality UPS as it's the same principles as a good quality PSU for your computer since that is one I've never heard of. 

-Moved to Case and Power Supplies-

i've got a power meter coming too to measure the draw from the wall ( wasn't going to buy ups till i knew figures but the damn place went and had a sale! haha)

It sounds worse than what it is.. i have so many multiplugs simply so i dont overload them.

i mean one socket powers - pc - monitor - printer - speakers n sub - RGB led lights and a couple of chargers 

and the other pretty much only runs the router - landline - 2-3 cell chargers and a strip which sometimes runs laptop charger - hot glue gun etc..NEVER shorted the power in the office just from a double plug in the wall 

Your wording is a bit confusing. You have extension cords plugged into power strips, with multiple plugs on them, with multiple devices per multi plug, plugged into a UPS? 

Is the printer on the UPS as well? That thing is only 480W so i doubt it could keep everything running stable(or safe) if the power went out. 

I also think its strongly recommended not to plug any extension cords or multi plugs intoa UPS ever...

I'm guessing, from the number of devices you appear to have connected to the UPS, you will be extremely lucky to get enough runtime after a power outage occurs to be able to safely shut down or hibernate your computer. There is a reason that UPS has only two outlets on it.

Also, I've never heard of that brand so I have no idea how reliable it is. However, with a wattage rating of only a bit more than half the VA (Volt/Amp) rating, that unit has an unusually fast recharge time, is incredibly inefficient, or is underrated to cover up poor quality (my money is on one or both of the latter two). I would run no more than the computer and, maybe, one monitor on it. Keep in mind that a UPS is only supposed to keep a computer running long enough to safely shut down a computer without data loss or damage to the computer, not keep an entire sytem running for a long time.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Ive never seen a UPS with only two outlets. Mine has like 10, 5 that have access to battery and 5 that just have surge protection. The battery side has my PC and 1 of my two monitors. The other only has a monitor. The UPS you have pictured I think is more for networking products, like a modem and a router. Also like state above, dont expect this to run the system for long. My system on light usage uses about 130 watts, my UPS is rated for 810 watts, I get maybe 15 or 20 mins during a power outage. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Yeah the brand seems common here in NZ in the booklet they call it an ION F11 which has hits on google haha. I only want it so my gear doesn't just switch off in an outage..not expecting to be running it with it. With the added bonus of keeping alive my fibre box and router plus the landline (which total a pull from the wall of 20w)