GPU Upgrade

Midgitwarrior
Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,

Well for 1080p the best card for that is the GTX1060 6GB. Anything over that is kinda overkill.

Hi All,

I'm currently using a GTX 1050TI which is pretty good card for what it's worth, but if I were to upgrade my GPU what would be a sensible path to take.

P.S. my CPU is a I5-7500

Depends on your needs. Are you going up in resolution soon, or do you want to start playing AAA games at max detail, or both? High refresh rate gaming maybe?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

@NelizMastr Well i'm more looking to increase game detail now granted I don't exactly want to break the bank just to get that, but to comfortably increase settings that make a noticeable difference aswell as keep a stable 60FPS

Well for 1080p the best card for that is the GTX1060 6GB. Anything over that is kinda overkill.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Ok thanks @NelizMastr i will keep an eye out for 1060 6GB cards, only question left now is would it be advisable to also get a better PSU as the current one i have have is a cooler master 400W 80pluswhite

9 minutes ago, Midgitwarrior said:

Ok thanks @NelizMastr i will keep an eye out for 1060 6GB cards, only question left now is would it be advisable to also get a better PSU as the current one i have have is a cooler master 400W 80pluswhite

As long as it has a 6-pin PCIe connector it shouldn't be a big problem. The 1060 is an efficient card. I'd start looking for something like a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 450 or 550 though. Those are excellent PSUs.

@NelizMastr Just checked my neatly bundled wires at the back of the PC and i do have a spare 6-pin PCIe connector and i will keep an eye out for the other PSU's you recommend near the time i order my GPU. and 1 last question, besides getting the 6GB variant of the 1060 is there a specific company is should look for or will any do?

3 minutes ago, Midgitwarrior said:

@NelizMastr Just checked my neatly bundled wires at the back of the PC and i do have a spare 6-pin PCIe connector and i will keep an eye out for the other PSU's you recommend near the time i order my GPU. and 1 last question, besides getting the 6GB variant of the 1060 is there a specific company is should look for or will any do?

Doesn't matter much which company you go for. I've had decent experiences with the 1060 cards made by Asus, myself but EVGA is also always a solid bet.