Gamepad issues

So, I just upgraded to windows 8, and I'm having problems with my gamepads. They're both really cheap generic gamepads but they worked just fine in windows 7. The game I'm having problems with is Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. When I go into Controller settings it says that my controllers are disconnected when they're both connected. I tried using some xbox 360 controller emulators, but that works with just one controller and it even maps the buttons wrong, and the game is no use to me If I can't play 2 player. As I said, In windows 7 i had no problems, the game recognized the gamepads as directinput, and I just set up the controls and played. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Oh yeah, It's actually windows 8.1, although I don't think it makes a difference...

Edited by Aiden Pearce

So, I just upgraded to windows 8, and I'm having problems with my gamepads. They're both really cheap generic gamepads but they worked just fine in windows 7. The game I'm having problems with is Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. When I go into Controller settings it says that my controllers are disconnected when they're both connected. I tried using some xbox 360 controller emulators, but that works with just one controller and it even maps the buttons wrong, and the game is no use to me If I can't play 2 player. As I said, In windows 7 i had no problems, the game recognized the gamepads as directinput, and I just set up the controls and played. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

What are the generic gamepads called?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Windows 8 claims another victim.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

What are the generic gamepads called?

In windows or like their model names? 

In windows, both of them are recognized as "Generic USB Joystick"

One of them is a Gigatech GX105, and the other one is a hama pc-gamepad that's also ps3 compatible.