Programmable inputs to ps4 with hardware oroft

I am looking for a way to program inputs into my ps4. The inputs need to be programmable frame by frame. Is there a way to do this?

What are you trying to do??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

16 hours ago, RondellA said:

I am looking for a way to program inputs into my ps4. The inputs need to be programmable frame by frame. Is there a way to do this?

Find a way to fake a PS4 controller.

The frame-by-frame thing isn't so cut and dry because of the variability of frame rates on the PS4.

31 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Find a way to fake a PS4 controller.

The frame-by-frame thing isn't so cut and dry because of the variability of frame rates on the PS4.

I will need to input frame by frame for 60fps.

12 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

What are you trying to do??

I want to be able to tool assist ps4 games that run at 60fps.

3 minutes ago, RondellA said:

I will need to input frame by frame for 60fps.

That's fine and all, but you have to be able to track what the frame time is at any given instant. Unless you know for a fact the game can run consistently at 60 FPS, the game will have variability in the frame rate, which will screw up the timing of the inputs if you assume a static 60Hz frequency.

23 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

That's fine and all, but you have to be able to track what the frame time is at any given instant. Unless you know for a fact the game can run consistently at 60 FPS, the game will have variability in the frame rate, which will screw up the timing of the inputs if you assume a static 60Hz frequency.

I'm find with the inconsistencies. I will be able to work well enough with that.

Are there currently ways to do that?

2 minutes ago, RondellA said:

I'm find with the inconsistencies. I will be able to work well enough with that.

Are there currently ways to do that?

If we're only able to access the inputs and outputs of the PS4, there's no easy way to do that.

Though you could probably just use 60 Hz and hope the inputs buffer or something.

I'm looking to use it for fighting games. Typically for those games it is a stable 60fps.

I was thinking if there were ways I could send timed signals to a PCB from a laptop, that may work prefect for me.

1 hour ago, RondellA said:

I'm looking to use it for fighting games. Typically for those games it is a stable 60fps.

I was thinking if there were ways I could send timed signals to a PCB from a laptop, that may work prefect for me.

Well, the only thing I can think of a thing like this will help with is complex input strings assuming no interruption. Or if you just want the "fireball" button. Otherwise it's not really going to help with anything beyond that as most of the skill from those games is reacting to what the opponent is doing and coming up with an effective counter.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, the only thing I can think of a thing like this will help with is complex input strings assuming no interruption. Or if you just want the "fireball" button. Otherwise it's not really going to help with anything beyond that as most of the skill from those games is reacting to what the opponent is doing and coming up with an effective counter.

I am actually very good at fighting games.

I have other reasons I would like to do it.

Cronusmax? Not sure if that fits the requirements.

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well either way, I gave you what I think is everything you need to know to get started.

Oh, I must have missed it. Can you repeat and rephrase it for me, not seeing any actionable suggestions from what you said.

2 hours ago, ono said:

Cronusmax? Not sure if that fits the requirements.

I'll check it out..

Edit.

Looks like the way to go.

I'll bring feedback if it fulfills my needs.