83°c Normal for Zotac GTX 1060 Mini?

Hello everyone, So my GPU died a month ago and I recently purchased a GTX 1060 mini from Zotac. I was a bit worried the single fan configuration might cause cooling issues. And so it happens my graphics card goes up to 81°c - 83°c under full load and Idles at 45°c. My old GPU (from AMD) stayed well below 70°c under full load. I contacted Zotac support and they said it's perfectly fine for a pascal card to achieve these temperatures, I am feeling a bit skeptical about that claim. The max operating temperature for my card is 94°c and 83°c seems too close.

So my question is, is it perfectly fine for my GPU to attain such high temperatures?

Are there any solutions for lowering the temps? 

Here are my computer specs,

Chassis - Corsair Spec 02

4x120mm Fans

Cpu - Ryzen7 1700x

Cpu Cooler - Cooler master hyper 212x

PSU - Cooler Master Vanguard 650w

Ambient temps - 25°c (20°c with the air conditioner on)

The Mini cards have less cooling capacity, so they should run hotter than their full size counterparts, yes. If you're uncomfortable with the temps, set a more agressive fan curve.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

You can set the fans to a different curve in MSI afterburner and repaste the card with thermal grizzly kryonaut. It should result in better temperatures, but the ones you have are also quite ok and should not cause any damage to the card.

23 hours ago, Konrad Kwasniewski said:

You can set the fans to a different curve in MSI afterburner and repaste the card with thermal grizzly kryonaut. It should result in better temperatures, but the ones you have are also quite ok and should not cause any damage to the card.

Thanks for replying, Does applying aftermarket thermal paste or cooler void product warranty?

2 hours ago, NEO_STARK said:

Thanks for replying, Does applying aftermarket thermal paste or cooler void product warranty?

It depends on the manufacturer. As far as I am concerned the "warranty void if removed" stickers are illegal anyway so it shouldn't be an issue, but I would verify that anyway.

Could it be due to lack of airflow? I have same card in Meshify C (2x120 mm fans at the front as intake, 120mm fan at the back and top for exhaust), it idles at 31C (default fan curve).

I might have spoken too soon - forgot to mention that mine is 3GB version, but is there that much of difference in temps?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

18 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

Could it be due to lack of airflow? I have same card in Meshify C (2x120 mm fans at the front as intake, 120mm fan at the back and top for exhaust), it idles at 31C (default fan curve).

I might have spoken too soon - forgot to mention that mine is 3GB version, but is there that much of difference in temps?

Yea maybe, I highly doubt its the air flow since my previous card was running well under 70, mostly at 62c. It could also be the difference of VRAM. I'll underclock it and see what difference in performance I get.