Best Monitor for 300eur ( 390.18$ )

Theo

So the title says it all, best monitor for that 400$ price range, shouldnt be more than 23-24 inches ( less inches is fine but the more the merrier lol ) I dont care for 3D, so basically not a TN panel :D

Ive already this in mind, the Asus PA238Q but want to see what you guys suggest!

Thank you!

[h=1][/h]

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

The ASUS 239Q is a nice monitor. But check out the Dell U2410 and the U2413, or if those are outside your budget (I don't know the prices in Euros), check out the Dell U2412.

The U2410 and U2413 are 16:10 aspect ratio monitor, so they are 1920x1200. If you do work with your computer, the added height is very welcome, as it compensates for the task bar menu bars and tool bars from your programs.

The U2413 replaces the U2410. However, the U2410 has drop considerably in price because of that, making it an excellent deal.

Both monitors features a true 8-bit IPS panel (H-IPS for the U2410, and AH-IPS for the U2413). The U2410 uses high grade CFL back light to provide you with a nice proper white level, (an issue with white LED back light where it output a very blue white which affect colors).

The U2413 uses a new back light technology, called GB-LED. This technology is involves having perfect green and blue LED's that are put very very close together with a layer of red phosphor on them, to output a nice white light. Both are using LG IPS panels.

The difference of the U2410 and the U2413 is as follows

-> U2413 has less inputs than the U2410

-> The U2413 has 4x USB 3.0, while it's only 2.0 for the U2410 (as USB 3.0 wasn't out when the U2410 was released)

-> The U2413 uses a new anti-glare coating that is less aggressive than the U2410, but just as good at blocking reflection, even with a strong light behind you or a window.

-> The U2410 has a higher input lag than the U2413, but the U2413 has a strong reverse ghosting effect. So that's the trade off.

-> Both monitor comes with Adobe RGB and sRGB manufacture calibrated color profiles with a report sheet on the calibration. These 2 profiles are ready to be selected on the monitor menu once you install it. While there is no doubt, that those are a quick calibration that was done, and therefor not the best one, it is better than nothing, and as it's not aimed at professionals at all (it's just a high-end consumer grade monitor, not a professional grade monitor) it really helps you get started with fantastic colors, essentially out of the box.

-> Both have a fully adjustable stand.

The U2412 is more of entry level IPS panel. It uses a 6-bit IPS panel (eIPS from LG), has an fully adjustable stand, and is 16:10 aspect ratio, so: 1920x1200. As inputs it has DVI, VGA and DisplayPort. It uses white LED back light.

If that is also out of your budget, then look at the U2312, which is similar to the ASUS PA238Q.

The ASUS 239Q is a nice monitor. But check out the Dell U2410 and the U2413, or if those are outside your budget (I don't know the prices in Euros), check out the Dell U2412.

The U2410 and U2413 are 16:10 aspect ratio monitor, so they are 1920x1200. If you do work with your computer, the added height is very welcome, as it compensates for the task bar menu bars and tool bars from your programs.

The U2413 replaces the U2410. However, the U2410 has drop considerably in price because of that, making it an excellent deal.

Both monitors features a true 8-bit IPS panel (H-IPS for the U2410, and AH-IPS for the U2413). The U2410 uses high grade CFL back light to provide you with a nice proper white level, (an issue with white LED back light where it output a very blue white which affect colors).

The U2413 uses a new back light technology, called GB-LED. This technology is involves having perfect green and blue LED's that are put very very close together with a layer of red phosphor on them, to output a nice white light. Both are using LG IPS panels.

-> The U2413 has 4x USB 3.0, while it's only 2.0 for the U2410 (as USB 3.0 wasn't out when the U2410 was released)

-> The U2413 uses a new anti-glare coating that is less aggressive than the U2410, but just as good at blocking reflection, even with a strong light behind you or a window.

-> The U2410 has a higher input lag than the U2413, but the U2413 has a strong reverse ghosting effect. So that's the trade off.

-> Both monitor comes with Adobe RGB and sRGB manufacture calibrated color profiles with a report sheet on the calibration. These 2 profiles are ready to be selected on the monitor menu once you install it. While there is no doubt, that those are a quick calibration that was done, and therefor not the best one, it is better than nothing, and as it's not aimed at professionals at all (it's just a high-end consumer grade monitor, not a professional grade monitor) it really helps you get started with fantastic colors, essentially out of the box.

The U2412 is more of entry level IPS panel. It uses a 6-bit IPS panel (eIPS from LG), has an fully adjustable stand, and is 16:10 aspect ratio, so: 1920x1200. As inputs it has DVI, VGA and DisplayPort. It uses white LED back light.

If that is also out of your budget, then look at the U2312, which is similar to the ASUS PA238Q.

Awesome! will check them out, thanks for the great answer!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Awesome! will check them out' date=' thanks for the great answer![/quote']

Your welcome. I have noticed that my English on my post was very broken, I fixed that. Sorry about that. I was tired when I post it, and didn't pay much attention.

Hopefully it's more understandable. :)