error in firefox nightly?

Ashleyyyy
Go to solution Solved by Ashleyyyy,

it magically started working...

i've been using firefox nightly for a bit, and noticed i can't visit the forum. i get this error:

Foutcode: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG 

She/Her

It's pointless to complain here about bugs in the nightly. It pretty clearly says, nightlies will be buggy and they are only meant for testing.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

13 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It's pointless to complain here about bugs in the nightly. It pretty clearly says, nightlies will be buggy and they are only meant for testing.

i'm not complaining, i'm reporting a problem. everything else works fine so.. and i know it's meant for testing. but it's just so nice and fast.. 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i'm not complaining, i'm reporting a problem. everything else works fine so.. and i know it's meant for testing. but it's just so nice and fast.. 

You're reporting the problem in the wrong place. Linus Tech Tips doesn't develop Firefox, they do not fix bugs in it. Contact the Firefox-devs. Like I said, it's pointless to post about it here.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You're reporting the problem in the wrong place. Linus Tech Tips doesn't develop Firefox, they do not fix bugs in it. Contact the Firefox-devs. Like I said, it's pointless to post about it here.

maybe they could make a change to the ssl thing.. i'm just saying it doesn't work. everything else does.. 

She/Her

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Maybe there could be an issue between how the forum and nightly communicate with each other.

Yes, it could just be an issue with nightly itself and not the forum, but if this problem only happens to the OP and not others then maybe it's something else, like clearing cache or something.

saying "it's pointless to post here" is a pointless thing to do in and of itself

That will either be a firefox or a cloudflare issue, so not something we can control. However, please do report issues like this, because if lots of people had the same issue we could bring it up with cloudflare and if it was actually a problem on our end we could fix it. 

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

That will either be a firefox or a cloudflare issue, so not something we can control. However, please do report issues like this, because if lots of people had the same issue we could bring it up with cloudflare and if it was actually a problem on our end we could fix it. 

it has since come back, but not just on here. on various other sites it's a problem too.

She/Her