Is this good for my firts build?

Hey guys. I'm wondering if you could give me you opinion on this build. It's my first build and I'd like to start buying it soon, but still Want to hear opinions to be exactly sure of what to buy.

I'm aiming for a simple 1 monitor full hd mostly for work and some gaming. only peripheral ill buy is the moonitor as i have everything else already. Europe based build btw.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cDqdq4

Would like to hear some comments!

The only thing that I see is MAYBE swapping the 1060 for a 1070 from EVGA for about $60 more. Otherwise, pretty solid overall.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

ill be on the lookout for that when i buyy the gpu. its the last thing ill buy most probably.

As Lurick mentioned that's an expensive 1060; you should probably just get a cheaper 1060 or upgrade to a 1070. I would also consider this monitor instead as it's only $30 more but higher res and has g sync. Only thing is it's a bit smaller.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgPxr/dell-s2417dg-238-165hz-monitor-s2417dg

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

As Lurick mentioned that's an expensive 1060; you should probably just get a cheaper 1060 or upgrade to a 1070. I would also consider this monitor instead as it's only $30 more but higher res and has g sync. Only thing is it's a bit smaller.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgPxr/dell-s2417dg-238-165hz-monitor-s2417dg

thanks for the opinion. as for the monitor i will leave it like that at least for the begginings of my life in the pc building world since it was kind of a love on first sight thing :P

42 minutes ago, Sparrow_HunteR said:

thanks for the opinion. as for the monitor i will leave it like that at least for the begginings of my life in the pc building world since it was kind of a love on first sight thing :P

Since it is a freesync monitor, have you considered an rx 580? Or would that not play well with the stuff you're doing

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

56 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Since it is a freesync monitor, have you considered an rx 580? Or would that not play well with the stuff you're doing

to be honest i still haven't studied how much the graphics card will affect my workflow, but i work with video /image editing, vfx, 3d models and programming. plus graphic design. also haven't really paid attention to amd gpu's since everyone talks so much about nvidia, but i can't say that i wouldn't miss those sweet nvideo programs and boosts... still ill look into it. gpu's and ram are the final touch since i'm hoping that the prices drop a bit after the beggining of fall.

1 hour ago, Sparrow_HunteR said:

to be honest i still haven't studied how much the graphics card will affect my workflow, but i work with video /image editing, vfx, 3d models and programming. plus graphic design. also haven't really paid attention to amd gpu's since everyone talks so much about nvidia, but i can't say that i wouldn't miss those sweet nvideo programs and boosts... still ill look into it. gpu's and ram are the final touch since i'm hoping that the prices drop a bit after the beggining of fall.

Yeah usually for that type of thing Nvidia comes out ahead thanks to CUDA. I think that usually AMD comes out behind for equivalently priced cards, though in some scenarios they do end up doing better thanks to just having more shaders.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler