Looking to replace my desk

KirbyTech

Currently have a mix of the ikea tabletops and legs/cabinets as my desk. The desktops work fine but I am thinking I would like a standing desk, I want to to be L or U shaped and be able to hold 3-4 monitors. If it had built in power or some way for me to add power/usb power that would be cool too. Suggestions? I am thinking I will be hard pressed to find something that meets all these desires, so I might have to go custom?

Custom built or bespoke from a furniture place is always the best option.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

4 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Custom built or bespoke from a furniture place is always the best option.

If I was to go custom built, what would be the best sit/stand frame to go with considering I want L shaped?

2 minutes ago, KirbyTech said:

If I was to go custom built, what would be the best sit/stand frame to go with considering I want L shaped?

Sit/stand is stupid, build one the right height yourself

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

Just now, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Sit/stand is stupid, build one the right height yourself

Sit/stand is not stupid at all, I have it at work and love it. It is not something I am going to give up. If I am going to spend $100's or more on a desk then I would like it to be perfect.

1 minute ago, KirbyTech said:

Sit/stand is not stupid at all, I have it at work and love it. It is not something I am going to give up. If I am going to spend $100's or more on a desk then I would like it to be perfect.

From what I've experienced with sit/stand I've never found it offers much but some people swear by it. I don't know shit about it though so I can't help you

She/they 

23 minutes ago, KirbyTech said:

Currently have a mix of the ikea tabletops and legs/cabinets as my desk. The desktops work fine but I am thinking I would like a standing desk, I want to to be L or U shaped and be able to hold 3-4 monitors. If it had built in power or some way for me to add power/usb power that would be cool too. Suggestions? I am thinking I will be hard pressed to find something that meets all these desires, so I might have to go custom?

Just a word of advice, if you go down the prebuilt route and also the L-shaped route make sure you check which side of the table the L bit goes on. I made the mistake of buying a L-shaped table and not realising the bump could only be installed on one side, had to DIY it to get it on the right side.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 minute ago, moderategamer said:

Just a word of advice, if you go down the prebuilt route and also the L-shaped route make sure you check which side of the table the L bit goes on. I made the mistake of buying a L-shaped table and not realising the bump could only be installed on one side, had to DIY it to get it on the right side.

I am looking to have the short side on my left both because of my office space and it is nicer than the right since I am left handed. I will watch out on pre-built one though, ty.