Apply cooling compound for Shadow Rock TF 2

Go to solution Solved by AskTJ,

If it is preapplied, leave it as it is. When you next take off the CPU or are wanting to start overclocking, replace it with something from Corsair or Coolermaster. They can be found for cheap on eBay.

Hello,

I just bought the Shadow Rock TF 2 and wonderd that there is a white membran on the plate. I read that this is pre applied thermal compound. Should I also add my own thermal compound on the CPU or is it enough for the cooler ?

Thanks in advance!

If it is preapplied, leave it as it is. When you next take off the CPU or are wanting to start overclocking, replace it with something from Corsair or Coolermaster. They can be found for cheap on eBay.

hi.

1 hour ago, AskTJ said:

Ok, thank you!

if you are gonna overclock, wipe that off. If not then it is fine. Use gelid or thermal grizzly in case you decide to overclock. I think gelid or Noctua are better choices than thermal grizzly since they are much cheaper but the temp difference is around 1 degree Celsius.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W