Just got my first Mechanical keyboard!

jamesisninja

I must say I  couldn't be more happy about it. I got the Shine 3, with MX Blues, and obvs blue backlight! It's amazing, as loud as I expected too. Which is fine, can be a bit disturbing if I am trying to watch a movie and type up a paper or something, but I'll get used to it in time I'm sure.

I just need to get used to the keyboard size now, the keys are a bit different sized from my G510, I'm adjusting well though! After 7 hours of use, I must say, I won't go back to domes again.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

I have gotten used to the noise. I have the k70 with mx blues. Congrats on the step to the elite. 

I know the feel. Everytime I have to use a rubber dome keyboard, it's hell for me. I've only had this keyboard for a couple months and I love this keyboard. Every keyboard I purchase will now be mechanical. No matter highest quality or lowest quality, it will be mechanical.

I used to think that spending 100+ dollars on keyboards was stupid. Now, I  will even pay up to 200 if they're special.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I used to think that spending 100+ dollars on keyboards was stupid. Now, I  will even pay up to 200 if they're special.

I'm slowly collecting one of each MX switch type, and eventually want to try a Topre ($300+) keyboard.

Man, that's quite a far ways away though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm slowly collecting one of each MX switch type, and eventually want to try a Topre ($300+) keyboard.

Man, that's quite a far ways away though.

What switch keyboards do you already?

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.