PC monitor gets black, randomly

hliastsek

hi guys,

i am new here, so i hope that's the right subsection. I am currently facing the following issue with my computer. 

Randomly (eg during gaming, or browsing etc) my pc screen gets black and comes back after 2-3 seconds, at the same time a strange sound comes from my speakers (similar to the one, when you unplug them suddenly from the mobo). Given that my gpu is still new, i contacted with the shop, from which i bought it and no issues found, i also tried with a new hdmi cable.

My pc consists of:

CPU: ryzen 5 1600

Ram: 1x 8gb ddr4

Mobo: Msi b350 pc mate

Psu: coolermaster Silent Pro M2 1000 (yeah i know, overkill)

GPU: gigabyte rx 480 8gb

Monitor: Dell S2316H

Any ideas?

thanks for your time

22 minutes ago, hliastsek said:

Randomly (eg during gaming, or browsing etc) my pc screen gets black and comes back after 2-3 seconds

Disconnects like that are power issues. Whether it's power from the cable, the cable adapter for the power supply, or the power supply itself your monitor is getting "spikes" of being disconnected.

Try it with another monitor to see if that's the issue.

8 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

Disconnects like that are power issues. Whether it's power from the cable, the cable adapter for the power supply, or the power supply itself your monitor is getting "spikes" of being disconnected.

Try it with another monitor to see if that's the issue.

thank you for the reply! i will try with another monitor. 

However, the strange sound from the speakers doesn't imply issue with the psu? (i mean that the psu does not give enough power to the gpu and all peripherals) 

Just now, hliastsek said:

However, the strange sound from the speakers doesn't imply issue with the psu?

No. Those are just connect/disconnect sounds/"pops". It's fine. Your PSU will randomly turn off or reboot your PC if it was the problem.

might just be a loose connection.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

11 hours ago, williamcll said:

might just be a loose connection.

i have checked all of them, none of them is loose

7 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

If you have a known good cable try this. If not touch/wiggle the connector on both ends.

Other problems might be wrong configurated software. Not sure if this is a nvidia exclusive problem or can happen on amd cards too. 

on which cable are you refering? the power cord of psu?

8 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

HDMI/DP 

Had last week the same issue (wiggle/touch the hdmi plug and the monitor went black which lead to the cable as solution) with a U2515H. Swapped in another HDMI cable and it works.  Even if the monitor displays a error with audio codec something it can be the cable/connector.

If you read the post in the Dell forum about these problems you will read about a setting inside the nvidia drives. I think this was releated to the audio part of the signal.

i have already tried with a new hdmi cable, issue still occurs :(