Help my PC is driving me insane

the_nick_guy_

My PC has been dropping frames and freezing in online games and its driving me nuts. Ive tried switching out the gpu the ethernet cable the ram and nothing has worked. Please help! Edit: Posted this in wrong topic sorry

Edited by the_nick_guy_
Wrong topic

Specs and what games?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

• CPU
    Intel Xeon E3-1220
  • Motherboard
    Lenovo Something
  • RAM
    8gb ddr3 2133 mhz
  • GPU
    Asus 750 ti
  • Case
    Custom case
  • Storage
    500gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    LITEON 250w sketchy garbage bin psu
  • Display(s)
    Acer 1080p something
  • Cooling
    Stock cooler
  • Keyboard
    Hcman Mechanical Blue Switches
  • Mouse
    Wireless Anker
  • Sound
    Mpow EG4 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Specs and what games?

also Fortnite PUBG R6S Etc. Basiclly every onlie game 

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Specs and what games?

1 minute ago, the_nick_guy_ said:

also Fortnite PUBG R6S Etc. Basiclly every onlie game 

I'd guess the CPU or PSU, but it's kind of hard to tell with the info I have. Can you elaborate on "dropping frames and freezing"?

Also, what are your temps?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

i know the chances of this being the problem are low but when was the last time you cleared out the temp folder?

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'd guess the CPU or PSU, but it's kind of hard to tell with the info I have. Can you elaborate on "dropping frames and freezing"?

Also, what are your temps?

My games stutter and stop while im playing but my non online games dont do that. my temps are around 55 on the cpu and 60 on the gpu under load

I'd guess the CPU

i doubt that. it's a quad core sandy bridge cpu at about 3 ghz.. 

basically identical to an i5 of the time. 

https://ark.intel.com/products/52269/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1220-8M-Cache-3_10-GHz

https://ark.intel.com/products/53446/Intel-Core-i5-2320-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz

She/Her

3 minutes ago, OmgItsNewbie said:

i know the chances of this being the problem are low but when was the last time you cleared out the temp folder?

not once

7 minutes ago, the_nick_guy_ said:

My games stutter and stop while im playing but my non online games dont do that. my temps are around 55 on the cpu and 60 on the gpu under load

Try reinstalling the games, then Windows.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, the_nick_guy_ said:

not once

do you know how to do so or should i give you the instructions? 

Try reinstalling the games, then Windows.

Already did

Just now, OmgItsNewbie said:

do you know how to do so or should i give you the instructions? 

I have no clue how to

2 minutes ago, the_nick_guy_ said:

I have no clue how to

1. Press the Windows Button + R to open the "Run" dialog box.
  2. Enter this text: %temp%
  3. Click "OK." This will open your temp folder.
  4. Press Ctrl + A to select all.
  5. Press "Delete" on your keyboard and click "Yes" to confirm.
  6. All temporary files will now be deleted.

i know your thinking this is weird but these folders are all temporary and they go here for you to dump them. if you had your pc for more than a year it will be A LOT  of files, just about everything you run on your pc makes temp files

if you have a bad hard drive with poor speeds or full of content that could  be the problem. I say that to you from my experience.

It not affects frames per second but you could be freeze for a moment if your hard drive is at 100% load

run some games, and open the task manager then click on more details to see your hard drive load and let me know

On 6/16/2018 at 6:11 PM, peibolrz said:

run some games, and open the task manager then click on more details to see your hard drive load and let me know

The drives useage spikes to 100% for about a second then drops too 0% for about a second and it repeats every 30 seconds

On 18/6/2018 at 3:46 AM, the_nick_guy_ said:

The drives useage spikes to 100% for about a second then drops too 0% for about a second and it repeats every 30 seconds

I think that could be the problem a SSD could solve it. Or you can also open the task manager and exit the program that is consuming more hard disk workload, sometimes you can´t because they are programs from windows (is a little bit annoying)

maybe woth checking the PSU ? 250W sounds a bit low or maybe even failing.