Toshiba Laptop Stuck in "Boot loop"

So i'm working on this Toshiba laptop and I can't seem to get it to boot into any kind of windows.

It won't boot into windows on its own hard drive, it also won't boot into windows on a USB key

or a DVD. I've tried Windows 10, 8, and 7. It can see the install disks fine but once it starts to

try and boot to them I get the loading wheel for a second of two than the computer just cuts

power and restarts. The weird part is it boots to my linux key just fine. I already reflashed the bios

and have tried disabling secure boot and uefi etc etc. I ran a bootable hardware testing tool 

(which strangely enough is windows based) and everything checks out. I've tried different

USB ports and I even opened up the laptop and re-seated the ram and unplugged the battery

to power cycle it. The weirdest part is when I first got the laptop yesterday it would turn on

and boot to install keys no problem. It was after I ran wpeutil reboot in command prompt that

this issue started occurring. But to my knowledge that shouldn't cause an infinite boot loop across

multiple install disks.

9 minutes ago, OLROY said:

So i'm working on this Toshiba laptop and I can't seem to get it to boot into any kind of windows.

It won't boot into windows on its own hard drive, it also won't boot into windows on a USB key

or a DVD. I've tried Windows 10, 8, and 7. It can see the install disks fine but once it starts to

try and boot to them I get the loading wheel for a second of two than the computer just cuts

power and restarts. The weird part is it boots to my linux key just fine. I already reflashed the bios

and have tried disabling secure boot and uefi etc etc. I ran a bootable hardware testing tool 

(which strangely enough is windows based) and everything checks out. I've tried different

USB ports and I even opened up the laptop and re-seated the ram and unplugged the battery

to power cycle it. The weirdest part is when I first got the laptop yesterday it would turn on

and boot to install keys no problem. It was after I ran wpeutil reboot in command prompt that

this issue started occurring. But to my knowledge that shouldn't cause an infinite boot loop across

multiple install disks.

Start with memtestx86+ and get back with us. My bet is on bad RAM

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

26 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Start with memtestx86+ and get back with us. My bet is on bad RAM

Yeah that's certainly what it seems like, kinda weird that it would boot initially though and

that my other hardware tester came back clean, I'll run memtest on it though just for

kicks, will post the results

1 hour ago, OLROY said:

Yeah that's certainly what it seems like, kinda weird that it would boot initially though and

that my other hardware tester came back clean, I'll run memtest on it though just for

kicks, will post the results

If it's not the RAM, then the CPU (or your power supply is failing to provide enough power to boot the system, but in my decades of IT experience, I've run across a weak laptop PS perhaps once or twice, and that was with crappy Gateway P4-single core era systems)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If it's not the RAM, then the CPU (or your power supply is failing to provide enough power to boot the system, but in my decades of IT experience, I've run across a weak laptop PS perhaps once or twice, and that was with crappy Gateway P4-single core era systems)

But wouldnt that prevent it from booting linux than?

Did you try booting from the USB with the internal drive unplugged? just to rule the drive out as a factor.

2 minutes ago, MattLifewalker said:

Did you try booting from the USB with the internal drive unplugged? just to rule the drive out as a factor.

No I didn't, but this is a good idea

1 hour ago, OLROY said:

But wouldnt that prevent it from booting linux than?

In Theory? Yup.

In reality? You have a real odd problem going on here....

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

In Theory? Yup.

In reality? You have a real odd problem going on here....

Just opened up the laptop to unplug the hard drive, just noticed the battery is actually swelling in a few places, seems like this could be a combo effort

Just now, OLROY said:

Just opened up the laptop to unplug the hard drive, just noticed the battery is actually swelling in a few places, seems like this could be a combo effort

Indeed! Uneven power would cause all manner of issues....