CMStorm Quick fire TK STEALTH (MX brown) 1st impressions

This is just going to be a very fast review 

1st impressions:

This keyboard is really solid, more so than some FILCO keyboards I tried before this one. The keys (my first time with MX browns) are very good, they sound like reds but are a bit heavier and I do like that going from a shine 2 too a G110 to this is a very good feel.

Build:

It's a very solid build, the steal back plate is what does this and makes it have no flex what so ever. It does make it a bit heavy (2.2 pounds) but it's fine fi youi are taking it to a lan and such. The keys are a bit thin and are very slippy I am not a fan of this but you might be. 

The good:

MX browns

Good quality

Very, very solid

the whole series comes in most all popular switches (blue, red, brown, black, green)

The bad:

It's heavy for a 10 key less

It only has the 4 rubber feet for a flat lay down. None on the flip up feet.

It a lot of money for this keyboard, about $104 after tax from frys but I got it for $84 at frys as it was the last one and I go to frys to buy a lot of stuff so often.

No backlight. At this price you can get bkaclight keyboards that are TK from CMSTORM but you might not get them in green switches. 

To sum it up. If you have the money and like TK this is a great keyboard if you can get it for the price I did. I'm very happy with this keyboard and hope to use it for the years to come. 

Sorry I can't put pics of it up Id on't have a smart phone or a good enough webcam. 

-91wow/Tyler

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I registered for this forum because of your post. I contacted CM recently and was told they would not be carrying this keyboard model in the US. But it sounds like your Frys had ordered some? Also, it's interesting that you say it was the last one they had because CM released this keyboard at the very end of last year. Do you know if your local Frys still carries any of these? I'm looking to buy one, but I'm having a hard time finding a vendor right now. I'm even willing to buy form the UK for more money, but the first UK vendor I checked with wanted to charge me more for shipping than the cost of the keyboard.

I'm really set on getting this keyboard because the layout is perfect for my gaming and the stealth keys are ideal for my style. Thanks for any info.

Hello!

I registered for this forum because of your post. I contacted CM recently and was told they would not be carrying this keyboard model in the US. But it sounds like your Frys had ordered some? Also, it's interesting that you say it was the last one they had because CM released this keyboard at the very end of last year. Do you know if your local Frys still carries any of these? I'm looking to buy one, but I'm having a hard time finding a vendor right now. I'm even willing to buy form the UK for more money, but the first UK vendor I checked with wanted to charge me more for shipping than the cost of the keyboard.

I'm really set on getting this keyboard because the layout is perfect for my gaming and the stealth keys are ideal for my style. Thanks for any info.

Yes they do still have a few in store last I checked. Amazon has a few similar models as well but not in MX brown, only red and blue. If you don't mind it, red's are great key switches for gaming and blues are great for typing, IMO, blues would be the better way to go and I do kinda regret not getting MX blues now, but stand by my choice in the brown switch. 

The store I got mine from is San Diego, CA 9825 Stonecrest Blvd, not sure on phone number or anything of that sort for that specific store.

Here is a link to the keyboard; http://www.frys.com/product/7922310?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

They should still have some in stock and should be able to ship to any where in the US. If not I think Tiger Direct might have it as well. Or a Micro Center maybe.

Good that it satisfies you!

I have been looking at the QuickFire TK with Brown switches and full backlight for a while, they seem to be decent.

Yes they do still have a few in store last I checked. Amazon has a few similar models as well but not in MX brown, only red and blue. If you don't mind it, red's are great key switches for gaming and blues are great for typing, IMO, blues would be the better way to go and I do kinda regret not getting MX blues now, but stand by my choice in the brown switch. 

The store I got mine from is San Diego, CA 9825 Stonecrest Blvd, not sure on phone number or anything of that sort for that specific store.

Here is a link to the keyboard; http://www.frys.com/product/7922310?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

They should still have some in stock and should be able to ship to any where in the US. If not I think Tiger Direct might have it as well. Or a Micro Center maybe.

Aww, man. You got my hopes up so much. This is not the TK (ten key) model. Rather it is just the CM Storm QuickFire Stealth.

The TK Stealth is a bit harder to find, apparently.

Aww, man. You got my hopes up so much. This is not the TK (ten key) model. Rather it is just the CM Storm QuickFire Stealth.

The TK Stealth is a bit harder to find, apparently.

The link I posted is of the one I had, the TkL one.

No worries, but the TK Stealth looks like this:

CM_Storm_QuickFire_TK_Stealth_02.jpg

It has the 0-9 number pad.