PS5 speculation

seth1776
I don't think ps5 is going to be that much more powerful than xbox one x and will most likely compete especially if release is 2019. People that think its going to do gtx 1080 level performance are insane that and if amds tick tock cycle of an enthusiast gpu then a mainstream gpu holds true definitely not. ie fiji-polaris-vega-navi.

It should be a lot more powerful thanks to the Zen cpu cores instead of the crap Jaguar cores in the XBox One X. No way it's coming out in 2019 though. Late 2020 is the earliest we'll see it. I'm sure MS will use Zen cores too so their new XBox will be much more powerful than the XBox One X also. The One X and PS4 Pro are badly cpu bottlenecked.

Hardware Spec:
7nm 

8 Zen Cores, 2 CCX

NAVI Graphics core

at least 3584 shader cores, probably 4096

32GiB RAM, either GDDR6 or HBM

As for clockrate, I'd expect something like 2,5-3GHz for the CPU and 1GHz -1,3GHz for the GPU right now

5 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

No way it's coming out in 2019 though. Late 2020 is the earliest we'll see it.

Yeah, agreed.

There is no need for Sony to bring a new console.

They can lean back and get the best of the Best - wich means Navi and Zen2 or something like that.

5 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I'm sure MS will use Zen cores too so their new XBox will be much more powerful than the XBox One X also. The One X and PS4 Pro are badly cpu bottlenecked.

Yes but I'd expect the XBox Two sooner than the Playstation 5.

Because M$ totally fucked up this Generation and the sales of the XBox One is just that bad.

And IMO they should have trashed the XBox One and One S and called Project Scorpio XBox Two...

A smaller version with 2GHz CPU and 950MHz GPU and 1536 Shaders and 256bit Memory Interface or something like that should already have been called "XBox Two".

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"