Game

Pelop17

Does anyone knows the programming language games use? Like Cryengine and other... ( recommend)

Does anyone uses Python?

CryEngine is an engine of it's own, not something that you type a line of code and bam there you have a tree or something.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

CryEngine is an engine of it's own, not something that you type a line of code and bam there you have a tree or something.

So it doesnt use a programming language but their games dont they need programming like C

Also can you give me a help cause i want to creat my own game with a friend? We both know Pthon and we want to use it. Is there any programme that can help as build games like crysis titanfall game like this but not so advance?

So it doesnt use a programming language but their games dont they need programming like C

Also can you give me a help cause i want to creat my own game with a friend? We both know Pthon and we want to use it. Is there any programme that can help as build games like crysis titanfall game like this but not so advance?

Now, there is an idea. Make a crysis titanfall side-scroller game. :)

But yea, you still had to write like 30k lines of code. Start with something very simple.

As far as python goes, you can use it for GUI and then write game in C.

Also check http://www.pygame.org/

I don't know of any major engine that uses python, learn c#, javascript, c++, python isn't the greatest choice currently. Also just a note game design isn't easy, especially something a bit more complex, BF4 took over a hundred designers more than a year to create. Just remember game design takes dedication (Unless you are using something like GameMaker, in which case you are just copy/pasting stuff to make a crappy game that looks like every other game maker game).

All I'm saying is don't expect it to be easy, also expect along time to develop it even something really simple, Most importantly don't expect your first 2, 5, even 50 games to be even remotely good.

Now, there is an idea. Make a crysis titanfall side-scroller game. :)

But yea, you still had to write like 30k lines of code. Start with something very simple.

As far as python goes, you can use it for GUI and then write game in C.

Also check http://www.pygame.org/

Ok thank you i

I don't know of any major engine that uses python, learn c#, javascript, c++, python isn't the greatest choice currently. Also just a note game design isn't easy, especially something a bit more complex, BF4 took over a hundred designers more than a year to create. Just remember game design takes dedication (Unless you are using something like GameMaker, in which case you are just copy/pasting stuff to make a crappy game that looks like every other game maker game).

All I'm saying is don't expect it to be easy, also expect along time to develop it even something really simple, Most importantly don't expect your first 2, 5, even 50 games to be even remotely good.

i have this in mind.

Cause i am a learning python now to start me with programming. But i really want to make a game like them but i dont know how they are making them? Can i convert python script to  a c++?

Ok thank you i

i have this in mind.

Cause i am a learning python now to start me with programming. But i really want to make a game like them but i dont know how they are making them? Can i convert python script to  a c++?

you can conver yes, python is very vertasile and useful along with c++

Ok thank you i

i have this in mind.

Cause i am a learning python now to start me with programming. But i really want to make a game like them but i don't know how they are making them? Can i convert python script to  a c++?

I don't think its possible, or at least not logically because even if you can it would likely be very limited and full of error, just learn c#, its really easy to learn, there is no point in learning python first because c# is very different from python and c# will be more useful in the Real world also if you are looking for a good indie friendly game engine use Unity it is free to use and publish games unless you  need certain pro features such as render to texture, but it is still great without pro which only costs 2000 bucks, sounds like allot but compared to UDK's 5000+ licensing its a good price

you can conver yes, python is very vertasile and useful along with c++

so i can put a python programme and convert it to c++ or c?

I don't think its possible, or at least not logically because even if you can it would likely be very limited and full of error, just learn c#, its really easy to learn, there is no point in learning python first because c# is very different from python and c# will be more useful in the Real world also if you are looking for a good indie friendly game engine use Unity it is free to use and publish games unless you  need certain pro features such as render to texture, but it is still great without pro which only costs 2000 bucks, sounds like allot but compared to UDK's 5000+ licensing its a good price

Thanks

I was unaware of this, why convert when you could just make it in c#?

c# is more difficult i am learning python to get me started and then go with c++ and more advance languages

c# is more difficult i am learning python to get me started and then go with c++ and more advance languages

no no no, trust me it seems big and bad and difficult but it is not that hard to learn, it is a common mistake that people make thinking that because its powerful its harder to use but trust me its not hard to learn c#

well, you cant just write game in python and then convert to c++. i just said there are translators.

well, you cant just write game in python and then convert to c++. i just said there are translators.

no no no, trust me it seems big and bad and difficult but it is not that hard to learn, it is a common mistake that people make thinking that because its powerful its harder to use but trust me its not hard to learn c#

ok thanks you and python is very powerful everyone recomend to start with python! ;)

ok thanks you and python is very powerful everyone recomend to start with python! ;)

yea easy to learn and use, but for games and engines, its slow. if you create like a pong game, then its allright :)

yea easy to learn and use, but for games and engines, its slow. if you create like a pong game, then its allright :)

i will learn it first and then i will develope a game with my friend as i said like titanfall and crysis how do this people create games and what the use?

When people talk about things I don't understand, such as programming:

eddie_murphy_wtf_gif.gif

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

i will learn it first and then i will develope a game with my friend as i said like titanfall and crysis how do this people create games and what the use?

i couldnt tell because i havent written a game engine myself, nor did i use crytek engine nor unity engine nor unreal engine to create games. but yea, they use C. as i said, its fastest and most low level for engine.

When people talk about things I don't understand, such as programming:

eddie_murphy_wtf_gif.gif

hahaha.

i couldnt tell because i havent written a game engine myself, nor did i use crytek engine nor unity engine nor unreal engine to create games. but yea, they use C. as i said, its fastest and most low level for engine.

thank you i will google search it

From my personal experience I would say stick with what you know to get comfortable. If you go around trying to find the best tools you'll never get anything done. What you need to do is just stay somewhere and get a few VERY small projects out. Think tetris or pong sized. You may not feel original but what you need to learn at this point is the architecture of a game and how to interface user input, game logic, and rendering. Even just a pong clone would be a big learning experience if you've never made a game.

If you don't want to get too deep into making a rendering pipeline then using a game engine such as Unity would be recommended. But there is no reason you couldn't use python. To be fair while C++ is the industry standard python and many other languages are easier to iterate rapidly on. If you want to avoid using a game engine to get more familiar with the underpinnings then even being familiar with both you will probably make progress faster with python then with a C derivative. Though regardless of that you already know python.

And for now ignore any claims about performance. Chances are extremely unlikely that you will be doing anything soon that will cause your game to run too slow. If you do run into performance issues then there are libraries that are already written in C that you can use to alleviate performance problems. Or you could re-write performance critical parts in C yourself.

I have been experimenting with game design as a hobby for nearly 10 years now. So feel free to ask me any questions you want or ask for any resources that can help you out.  Here is an article from years ago that covers someone making a game in around 40 hours in  python:

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/creative/game-design/how-to-build-a-game-in-a-week-from-scratch-with-no-budget-r2259

tl;dr: Python will get the job done if you want to learn how games are structured, C is best used to fix performance issues after they are found, and a game engine like Unity is recommended if you just want to get stuff done. 

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

I bet they are very good! (note the sarcasm)

Converting isn't a good option. Why would you learn something you don't need when you could use your time learning something useful?