Hi Everyone!

I'm planning to build The Computer, I mean I want to build a machine upgradeable and that last me for at least 5 years without needing to change a part ( I mean, really needing it).

I'm not on a budget, but I would like to spend less than 2500€ (I'm from Spain), but I'm flexible on that if its worth.

My objective is to be able to play any game now on the market (But the heavyest game I want to play is Monster Hunter World, by the moment), also I'm a programmer, so I want as much compiling power as possible. I plan to develop games in this machine, so I would like to run Unity and Unreal as smooth and fast as possible, and I would also like to learn modeling in the future, so also would like to run 3dMax properly.

I plan to have 2 monitors, I already have one LG 34UM59-P, and I will add an extra  27" Full HD monitor. Probably in the future I'll play games in a 4K TV, so I would like to run games in there too.

I'm upgrading from an Acer Laptop with i5 second gen/Nvidia GT 630M that can't handle League of Legends in its lowests in summer, and gets exhausted when I try to do something 3D like in Unity.

These are the parts I choosed by now, I really care about having the fastest possible machine, so the Samsung NVMe 960 PRO is a must, the rest is flexible.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gXDzP3

* I'm not sure about the power supply, not sure with motherboard to choose, and which 1080 version is better (I'm not aiming at the 1080 Ti because I don't think the extra performance worths ~300€, but I'm open to hear opinions)

Thank you very much to anybody that spends some of its time helping me to choose parts ;)

PD. Sorry for the bad english

es.pcpartpicker.com has a fairly limited number of merchants. You might be able to get slightly better pricing if you shop around.

Unless one plans to build a custom cooling loop, I would suggest getting a less expensive motherboard.

Get a 2x16GB memory kit. This will leave two slots open for a non-replacement upgrade should that ever be required.

It's a little more expensive, but you might consider going with all ssd storage. Also, the latest generation Samsung NVMe drive have better performance. The 970 Evo has very similar performance to the Pro version so the premium cost of the Pro is not really justified in most cases.

In the build below, I've include a 750W psu only because it is actually less expensive than the 650W model.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (€325.90 @ Amazon Espana) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€119.00 @ Amazon Espana) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€230.08 @ Amazon Espana) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€425.70 @ Amazon Espana) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1.0TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€398.41 @ Amazon Espana) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX 11Gbps Video Card  (€808.24 @ Amazon Espana) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower Case  (€97.82 @ Alternate) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€107.82 @ Alternate) 
Total: €2512.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-07 16:52 CEST+0200

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:06 PM, brob said:

es.pcpartpicker.com has a fairly limited number of merchants. You might be able to get slightly better pricing if you shop around.

Unless one plans to build a custom cooling loop, I would suggest getting a less expensive motherboard.

Get a 2x16GB memory kit. This will leave two slots open for a non-replacement upgrade should that ever be required.

It's a little more expensive, but you might consider going with all ssd storage. Also, the latest generation Samsung NVMe drive have better performance. The 970 Evo has very similar performance to the Pro version so the premium cost of the Pro is not really justified in most cases.

In the build below, I've include a 750W psu only because it is actually less expensive than the 650W model.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (€325.90 @ Amazon Espana) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€119.00 @ Amazon Espana) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€230.08 @ Amazon Espana) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€425.70 @ Amazon Espana) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1.0TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€398.41 @ Amazon Espana) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX 11Gbps Video Card  (€808.24 @ Amazon Espana) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower Case  (€97.82 @ Alternate) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€107.82 @ Alternate) 
Total: €2512.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-07 16:52 CEST+0200

Thank you Brob,

I've been thinking, and for budget reasons, I'll buy the PC in two stages, and now I only need it for my studies, so I'll won't use its full power.

I was not sure about the cooling, the liquid one of corsair looks nice, and I'll be better than any air one.

Thank you for the advice about the 970, I'll take the 500GB instead because I don't need 1TB ultra fast, and with the money saved I can buy 1TB HD for large data.

I planed to work with the 1080, because I don't think ~300€ more will be worth the performance, and if I need to upgrade in the future, I'll get the 1180 or even 1280 (if that's the next model) in that moment.

And I felt in love with The Tower 900, its more expensive, but that's the one I want.

Also I'll get 16GB instead (2x8GB) and in the case I need 32GB, I'll get 2 more modules. Honestly, I dont think I'll need more than 32GB in a short-mid term future.

The motherboard you told me its great, and way less expensive.

So the build I have now its this one, still polishing anyway:

(I'll look for better prices out of pcpartpicker once I decide the parts)

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (€323.14 @ Amazon Espana) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€233.85 @ PC Componentes) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€189.80 @ Amazon Espana) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€216.85 @ PC Componentes) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€42.48 @ Amazon Espana) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  (€605.00 @ Amazon Espana) 
Case: Thermaltake - The Tower 900 ATX Full Tower Case  (€252.45 @ Amazon Espana) 
Other: RIG TUTORIAL (LINUS TECH TIPS) 
Total: €2090.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-11 12:36 CEST+0200

What do you think?

49 minutes ago, brob said:

Thanks for your advice man :)

Until which level of speed (MHz) is worth? Without very heavy overcloking, since I dont know too much about the topic (Yet).

BTW, I plan to make the system fully liquid cooled in the near future, both CPU and GPU with EK.

DDR4-3000 - DDR4-3200 seems to be the current sweet spot.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

As long as you arent getting a ryzen your mhz doesnt matter to much but for what its worth id get a DDR4-3200

Okay, I think I decided all the parts.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge :D