Attempting to ovcerlock my monitor (Help!)

Khaldar

Hey!

I saw a guide by linus awhile ago about overclocking the refresh rate of a monitor. I have a dusty PG27AQ lying around and I thought I would be quite fun to see if its possible to stretch its refresh rate. However I can't seem to overclock the monitor at all! I've tried programs such as CMU, EVGA XOC, and the method linus used on his video (

)
Specs:
GTX1080

PG27AQ 4k, 1,2 DP interface, 

Does anyone have any tips? Or does overclocking the monitor only work with a titan card?
I'm aware of the risks involved, thanks in advance!:)

It's simply a case of adding a custom resolution within your graphics program. For me, and most, its either in the Nvidia control panel or Intel HD graphics thing.

Piece of cake. 2 minutes. If it starts to look weird and washed out, reduce the hz a bit.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

45 minutes ago, userzero said:

It's simply a case of adding a custom resolution within your graphics program. For me, and most, its either in the Nvidia control panel or Intel HD graphics thing.

Piece of cake. 2 minutes. If it starts to look weird and washed out, reduce the hz a bit.

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I've used the method of adding a custom resolution through the Nvidia control panel, but once I hit apply the screen says "out of range", and after 20 seconds it reverts. I assumed it could be due to the high resolution, so I lowered the resolution down to 1080p but still nothing. :/

it doesnt oc, got one, its already max out

Its a shame if thats true.I kind of expected more when I paid extra for a premium product...

12 minutes ago, Khaldar said:

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I've used the method of adding a custom resolution through the Nvidia control panel, but once I hit apply the screen says "out of range", and after 20 seconds it reverts. I assumed it could be due to the high resolution, so I lowered the resolution down to 1080p but still nothing. :/

Its a shame if thats true.I kind of expected more when I paid extra for a premium product...

im pretty sure G sync module are lock and cant be oc if its not advertise like the pg278-9q since they want control over it