Please Help me (new PC problems)

I just built a new PC today. I've connected all the parts to their respective places and I've also successfully managed to make the cpu run! But when I connect it to the monitor (I've tried both vga and HDMI ports in both the motherboard and the GPU) the monitor is showing 'no signal' now I don't know what to do, I think I've done everything right, if someone would be kind enough to help me, I'd be very greatfull.

Specs (if required)

Msi z370 motherboard

I5 8500

Msi gtx 1050 ti afterburner

8gb ram 2400MHz

2tb Seagate barracuda

Artis 600w psu

Can you try the monitor on another PC?

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Yup, I have 2 monitors, one new and the other one which I use for my old computer, both the monitors show 'no signal'. They both though work fine for the other (old) cpu

My z370 won't output display to either its own ports or the GPU unless there's a cable plugged in on boot. It won't display at all if there isn't. I think that's normal? idk

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

27 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Can you try the monitor on another PC?

Yup, I have 2 monitors, one new and the other one which I use for my old computer, both the monitors show 'no signal'. They both though work fine for the other (old) cpu

18 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

My z370 won't output display to either its own ports or the GPU unless there's a cable plugged in on boot. It won't display at all if there isn't. I think that's normal? idk

Maybe, but how do we fix that?

21 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

pics of the inside hookup as well as which monitor?

Sure.

also, did you try the ram as well as gpu in different slots.  How many ram sticks do you have.  If 2 then try booting from just one.

48 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

also, did you try the ram as well as gpu in different slots.  How many ram sticks do you have.  If 2 then try booting from just one.

I've installed the ram (1x8gb ddr4) in the correct slot according to the manual provided in the motherboard box. I also removed the GPU to check, but every attempt failed, the cpu fans and led run well though

2 hours ago, nikilll_19096 said:

Maybe, but how do we fix that?

Turn it off, plug in HDMI/DP, turn it back on again.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

would really help if you could snap a picture and post it so I can see what we are working with here.  When you start it up no picture at all.  Even if it didn't give you video off the card it should have off the onboard.  Tells me it has to be something to do with the ram/cpu/mobo.

pull all the power supply cables from the board.  Then turn on the power supply to see if it is still doing that.  Just to be safe you have it all on brass standoffs between the case and the board?  

7 hours ago, Praxis727 said:

nikki u doing ok?

I'm really sorry for have kept you waiting but how can I get the smps running if I unplug it from the motherboard?

I just wanted you to unplug it before you unhooked everything

anyways, if it is running ok just by itself then it is likely your motherboard or one of your parts is touching the case.  Or there is something making it jump in behind the motherboard like a screw

5 hours ago, Praxis727 said:

anyways, if it is running ok just by itself then it is likely your motherboard or one of your parts is touching the case.  Or there is something making it jump in behind the motherboard like a screw

I'll check the Motherboard, I seem to have over tightened the screws or bad cable management.

Anyway, I've managed to contact a technician with great difficulty (my house is in an isolated place) and he's coming this Sunday, I'll post updates for sure. Thank you very much for helping me. I'm really great full to you guys ❤️

if you can send me a pic I can tell you if there is anything you can do

1 hour ago, Praxis727 said:

if you can send me a pic I can tell you if there is anything you can do

Sure, what part of the CPU do you want a picture of?

take the motherboard out and there may be some scorching inside the case.  Might give us a place to start

4 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

take the motherboard out and there may be some scorching inside the case.  Might give us a place to start

I'll do it in a minute and send you a picture!