Rog pg27uq vs acer x27

Wired Rawdy
11 minutes ago, Wired Rawdy said:

What's the difference?

If you put in the actual product name I could tell you but when you put in only parts then there are multiple monitors you could be talking about. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

If you put in the actual product name I could tell you but when you put in only parts then there are multiple monitors you could be talking about. 

Read the title buddy

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

13 minutes ago, Wired Rawdy said:

What's the difference?

Ok found what you are talking about. They use the same panel so it's your choice which one you want. The only difference would likely be the type of features it has that are brand specific. I would go for whichever one is cheapest tbh.

They're the same in features. I personally don't like the shroud thing on the Acer monitor so I'd go for the PG27UQ (not to mention that it has RGB lighting).

I'm hoping Linus will compare the PG27UQ to the x27 if he reviews them. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, Rasbir Singh said:

They're the same in features. I personally don't like the shroud thing on the Acer monitor so I'd go for the PG27UQ (not to mention that it has RGB lighting).

I'm hoping Linus will compare the PG27UQ to the x27 if he reviews them. 

You can just remove the shroud.... 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

You can just remove the shroud.... 

Okay, fine. But the Asus one still has better RGB lighting IMO. 

16 minutes ago, Wired Rawdy said:

What's the difference?

Both are overpriced

go for one of the 1440p 144hz IPS free-sync korean displays around $399 if they're still available.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wFfhP6/nixeus-nx-edg27s-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-nx-edg27s

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

It's called "hood" actually, not shroud. It's been found on professional monitors for what seems to be ages.

2 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Okay, fine. But the Asus one still has better RGB lighting IMO. 

I mean cool I guess. I really could care less if my monitor has cool eng lighting as what I will be looking at is the screen not the rgb on the back. I am also not a fan of the Asus stand. 

Now that I think of it, are you sure your system even has the graphical power need to run a game at 4K 144 FPS? If you're actually planning on buying it and this isn't just an inquiry thread

7 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Now that I think of it, are you sure your system even has the graphical power need to run a game at 4K 144 FPS? If you're actually planning on buying it and this isn't just an inquiry thread

Pretty sure he's talking about the 1440p 144hz displays isn't he?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Pretty sure he's talking about the 1440p 144hz displays isn't he?

Who?

No, they're both 4k displays. Though, 144 FPS is not absolutely needed. It will do just fine as long as you can get over 60.

1 minute ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Who?

oh, nevermind then...for some reason 1440p displays popped up when I searched those names

Spoiler