Ram Problem

Go to solution Solved by Herman Mcpootis,
13 minutes ago, Danny Proud said:

will a 1600Freq run fine on my mobo? cause i cant find any 1333/1066 ram in near malls here.

it'll probably run just fine, but speeds will be clocked down to the highest that the board supports.

Guys i need help i was buying planning to buy a ddr3 ram but the freq is 1600 and The guy/salesman said that it will not work on a 2nd gen mobo I don't get and it will only work on a 3rd gen mobo. my mobo is P8H61-M LX3 PLUS 

ps.

im poor i cant afford good parts :( 

Asus' product page says it all:

The motherboard supports DDR3 memory that features data transfer rates of 1333 / 1066 MHz

The RAM should work, but it will downclock to 1333 MHz instead of running at 1600 MHz.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

4 minutes ago, Danny Proud said:

Guys i need help i was buying planning to buy a ddr3 ram but the freq is 1600 and The guy/salesman said that it will not work on a 2nd gen mobo I don't get and it will only work on a 3rd gen mobo. my mobo is P8H61-M LX3 PLUS 

ps.

im poor i cant afford good parts :( 

According to the ASUS website, your MOBO can only support 1333 and 1066 MHz RAM, if you had gotten the R2.0 version you would have been fine.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

According to the ASUS website, your MOBO can only support 1333 and 1066 MHz RAM, if you had gotten the R2.0 version you would have been fine.

will a 1600Freq run fine on my mobo? cause i cant find any 1333/1066 ram in near malls here.

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

Asus' product page says it all:

The RAM should work, but it will downclock to 1333 MHz instead of running at 1600 MHz.

Will it work fine? no bsod something like that ? or i need to setup bios first???

13 minutes ago, Danny Proud said:

it'll probably run just fine, but speeds will be clocked down to the highest that the board supports.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

ooh ok thank you very much :):):)