38 minutes ago, thetrystero said:

If I were to buy a bare d5 pump now, which other items do i need to purchase to turn this in to a ready to use pump?

Basically, how to I make the first photo here look like the second photo?

Welcome to the Forums!

You need a pump top with integrated reservoir and a pump mount

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-plexi-stand-alone

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-revo-d5-pump-mount

1 hour ago, thetrystero said:

thanks for the reply!

i was thinking of more of a budget build. would something like these two work in place of the EK products you linked to?

1. bykski pump top / barrow aluminum pump top

2. barrow conversion kit

Correct me if i'm wrong but the way to put this together is to put the bare pump in to the conversion kit (2) like a cup then screw on the pump top (1). then i can get like a 10 dollar reservoir to put on top of the pump top. does that sound about right? for item number 1, i'm more inclined to get the aluminium which doesn't come with a bracket for mounting. how will i find one that fits it?

thanks again!

These are the equivalent parts from Barrow. You need a reservoir, pump bracket, and a pump top nonetheless. The one you linked is aluminium which is a real bad idea if you're running nickel or copper, so I would urge you to find an acrylic/POM alternative like the ones I've linked.

Reservoir

Pump top

Pump holder

As long as you can connect the tubes properly and break your head trying to fill the loop you should not need a reservoir 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL