Why not make a challenge for DIY

Well...

I was looking on the internet and found pretty much near to nothing as how to make a Intercom with a raspberry pi like an telephone... (Kinda like a hotel intercom if you know what I mean)

The best solution I found was to make a sip server and use softphones to communicate but nothing to do as a bell ring of the sorts...

Another cool stuff to show would be a home NAS server using the Odroid HC2... it should be a pretty good deal even for stacking themselves should they not?

Just shove an android image onto the RPi and install a random instant messaging app that has voice chat.

Done. :P

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

On 31/05/2018 at 10:23 PM, NoRomanBatmansAllowed said:

Just shove an android image onto the RPi and install a random instant messaging app that has voice chat.

Done. :P

That should not work I think...

The point is using it with something like a old phone (with a dial pad and something to pickup calls)

If you wanted a simple way to do communication a mumble network would work... (but again have issues)

probably because you can get a set of 3 phones with intercom built in for like $70 and can be used as proper phones as well. DIY is good when the alternative is not cheap

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒