Looking for a 1440p for £300

TheNameDaniel
Go to solution Solved by Tabs,
4 minutes ago, TheNameDaniel said:

Hi, thanks for the offer but I'd like a new monitor. Also if it isn't much trouble do you think this monitor is any good? : https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PB277Q-Monitor-Flicker-Certified/dp/B01B6JD5A0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527792583&sr=8-3&keywords=asus+1440p&dpID=31QU9%2BymypL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I would not recommend this monitor over the BenQ one you posted previously, you get improved response times due to the TN panel, but TN panels (even the good ones) are noticeably worse than the IPS panels available at similar prices. The increase from 60 to 75Hz is not enough to warrant that downgrade in my opinion.

As @Hashiba said, I fully agree that 27" 1440p is a perfect resolution/size combo for viewing and productivity. My 4k panel is 27" as well, and until recently I considered it a downgrade in some aspects (much higher scaling has only recently become better in Windows 10; but when I upgraded it was jarring how blurry some applications were on 4K scaled to 27"). I never noticed this problem with 27" 1440p, everything was perfectly readable and clear.

My priority list for the three monitors you posted so far would be the BenQ first, then the Asus VX24 (depending on your preferences for size, budget, and aesthetics), and the 27" Asus PB277 in a far third place. IF the Asus TN panel was ~£30 cheaper it would be a contender for a good middle ground, but it's not justifiable when the BenQ is only £9 more.

Hi I want to buy a 1440p monitor for around £300 primarily for gaming and movie watching. I'm not sure whether to get a TN or IPS.

So far I've been debating whether to get this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GW2765HT-Widescreen-Multimedia-Monitor/dp/B00M913DVG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527791171&sr=8-3&keywords=1440p+ips&dpID=41R7qLVyLfL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

or this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/VX24AH-Frameless-Console-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00QLL01BA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1527791171&sr=8-2&keywords=1440p+ips&dpID=41a9dfdoz5L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

If anyone could help me out to choose the better one for the money or has any alternative options please tell me.

I would recommend the 24" Asus monitor if you have a smaller desk and like the more modern bezel-less design. The BenQ will work with a lower scaling factor in Windows (which can still be an issue for some applications, especially if you aren't on the latest version of Windows 10)  and give you more physical space to work with documents etc.

Both are quite good for the price if you need a basic display without advanced gaming features like g-sync/freesync or high refresh rate.

However, as an alternative: 

I assume you live UK, so - I have a 1440p IPS monitor I could sell you for like, £60 plus shipping.

It's a Korean import I got a few years ago, and I have since replaced with a 4k LG. No dead/stuck pixels. Only has DVI input however.

Model: Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSB, 27 inch diagonal. It has chunky bezels though, definitely an older model. (and yes, mods, I know this isn't the WTT/WTS/WTB subforum. At least @TheNameDaniel is aware of options. Used panels are a great alternative.)

6 minutes ago, Tabs said:

I would recommend the 24" Asus monitor if you have a smaller desk and like the more modern bezel-less design. The BenQ will work with a lower scaling factor in Windows (which can still be an issue for some applications, especially if you aren't on the latest version of Windows 10)  and give you more physical space to work with documents etc.

Both are quite good for the price if you need a basic display without advanced gaming features like g-sync/freesync or high refresh rate.

However, as an alternative: 

I assume you live UK, so - I have a 1440p IPS monitor I could sell you for like, £60 plus shipping.

It's a Korean import I got a few years ago, and I have since replaced with a 4k LG. No dead/stuck pixels. Only has DVI input however.

Model: Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSB, 27 inch diagonal. It has chunky bezels though, definitely an older model. (and yes, mods, I know this isn't the WTT/WTS/WTB subforum. At least @TheNameDaniel is aware of options. Used panels are a great alternative.)

Hi, thanks for the offer but I'd like a new monitor. Also if it isn't much trouble do you think this monitor is any good? : https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PB277Q-Monitor-Flicker-Certified/dp/B01B6JD5A0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527792583&sr=8-3&keywords=asus+1440p&dpID=31QU9%2BymypL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Hi, I think both monitors are good, it depends on your viewing preferences, I have a Lenovo P27 h-10, and I got to the conclusion that 27inch 1440p is the sweetspot for resolution/viewing distance.

check the lenovo line I think the L27 is being discontinued so you might be able to get incredible deals on that one (L27 and P27 share the same panel but P27 comes calibrated from factory and has some extras such as USC-C)

NeXTcube 12400 Z690M ITX 64GB SN770 6600XT Sugo16 12.5

NeXTserver 9400 H310N ITX 32GB SN350 5500XT Fara R1 12.5

NeXTstation 9900K Z390 ITX 32GB SN750 6800XT Enthoo 12.5

4 minutes ago, TheNameDaniel said:

I would not recommend this monitor over the BenQ one you posted previously, you get improved response times due to the TN panel, but TN panels (even the good ones) are noticeably worse than the IPS panels available at similar prices. The increase from 60 to 75Hz is not enough to warrant that downgrade in my opinion.

As @Hashiba said, I fully agree that 27" 1440p is a perfect resolution/size combo for viewing and productivity. My 4k panel is 27" as well, and until recently I considered it a downgrade in some aspects (much higher scaling has only recently become better in Windows 10; but when I upgraded it was jarring how blurry some applications were on 4K scaled to 27"). I never noticed this problem with 27" 1440p, everything was perfectly readable and clear.

My priority list for the three monitors you posted so far would be the BenQ first, then the Asus VX24 (depending on your preferences for size, budget, and aesthetics), and the 27" Asus PB277 in a far third place. IF the Asus TN panel was ~£30 cheaper it would be a contender for a good middle ground, but it's not justifiable when the BenQ is only £9 more.

8 minutes ago, Hashiba said:

Hi, I think both monitors are good, it depends on your viewing preferences, I have a Lenovo P27 h-10, and I got to the conclusion that 27inch 1440p is the sweetspot for resolution/viewing distance.

check the lenovo line I think the L27 is being discontinued so you might be able to get incredible deals on that one (L27 and P27 share the same panel but P27 comes calibrated from factory and has some extras such as USC-C)

Do you have any links for these monitors I can't seem to find these anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Wow, thanks for the advice I'll definitely be going for the BenQ as this was the monitor I was considering, thanks so much for your help! 

3 minutes ago, TheNameDaniel said:

Do you have any links for these monitors I can't seem to find these anywhere.

Sure;

I have no idea what he is saying but it's a nice video so :)

Some links to the L27q

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-LED-Lit-Monitor-Near-Edgeless-infinity/dp/B072J8G1B1

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/home/L27q-20-27-QHD-MonitorHDMI%2BDP/p/65D4GCC1US

the prices fluctuate a lot: https://www.amazon.it/Lenovo-L27q-10-Monitor-LCD-Argento/dp/B06XCL9FVT/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1GK4J8AVQXEB1GR07DAR

NeXTcube 12400 Z690M ITX 64GB SN770 6600XT Sugo16 12.5

NeXTserver 9400 H310N ITX 32GB SN350 5500XT Fara R1 12.5

NeXTstation 9900K Z390 ITX 32GB SN750 6800XT Enthoo 12.5

6 minutes ago, Hashiba said:

That is a really nice video :) I would definitely consider this as an option because I like the small bezels but I don't think they sell these in the UK because I can't seem to find any here.