Coax to Ethernet

WayzRunn3r

So to start off with i live in Denmark and i'm looking to upgrade my internet. I have for a long time used a 4G modem that connects to an ASUS router but the speeds are not satisfactory. In Denmark we use the copper COAX system for both TV and Internet. The problem is my router a ASUS RT - AC86U (https://www.asus.com/dk/Networking/RT-AC86U/) only has an Ethernet port for incoming traffic. I don't want to use two routers so is there any other option. I have been looking a bit and found this but not sure if it will work? https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-MoCA-Ethernet-Adapter-ECB6000K02/dp/B013J7L6BW

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

You want a modem here.

I am a gamer and want to be able to port forward but is that possible with a modem and a router?

1 minute ago, WayzRunn3r said:

I am a gamer and want to be able to port forward but is that possible with a modem and a router?

Yes. Port forward to the router and then to your pc. E.g. tell your modem to forward port 300 to your router, then tell your router to forward port 300 to your pc.

it's time

2 minutes ago, WayzRunn3r said:

Yep, the modem is dumb, it just convets the coax from the isp to rj45. It doesn't care about ports at all.

Just now, RollTime said:

Yes. Port forward to the router and then to your pc. E.g. tell your modem to forward port 300 to your router, then tell your router to forward port 300 to your pc.

A modem doesn't have a web interface. Your thinking of a modem router combo, don't get one of those her.e

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yep, the modem is dumb, it just convets the coax from the isp to rj45. It doesn't care about ports at all.

A modem doesn't have a web interface. Your thinking of a modem router combo, don't get one of those her.e

Ah okay I'm following now. Would you be so kind and link to a modem, cause when i search i only find modem router combos.

1 hour ago, WayzRunn3r said:

Ah okay I'm following now. Would you be so kind and link to a modem, cause when i search i only find modem router combos.

you really should check with your ISP, here the ISP supplies the modem because it's the one they support.