Can I use different fans for a push-pull setup?

So I'm looking to build a custom watercooling loop inside a desk. I already have four 120mm noctua fans, as well as two 140mm ones, but I'd like to put RGB fans on my radiators (sorry, I just don't love puke brown). Can I utilize my existing Noctua fans on the bottom of the radiators for push, with RGB fans on the top for pull?

Thanks!

You can do that, but you might waste cooling potential because you would have to balance the fans in a good way to make them perform at it's best since they habe different specs.

1 hour ago, Ildiesalot said:

Can I utilize my existing Noctua fans on the bottom of the radiators for pull, with RGB fans on the top for push?

Do you mean sandwiching your radiator between your 4 fans?

You should be just fine with that.

However, why would you put the only 4 fans that you have in this configuration?

Take for example 2 fans that blow cool air in your desk PC, and mount your radiator with the remaining 2 fans exhausting hot air at the end/back of the desk.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:23 PM, Dschijn said:

You can do that, but you might waste cooling potential because you would have to balance the fans in a good way to make them perform at it's best since they habe different specs.

Sorry for the late reply, it's been busy lately.

Is there a way to calculate the cfm of the fans at certain RPMs, so that I can match them at both sides?

Otherwise I'd probably just match the rpms on each side (I'm hoping for very low rpms, hence why I'm trying to run push-pull setup) and hope for the best.

That is exactly the problem I mentioned, because you will not be able to calculate the sweet spot for matching cfm. You will most certainly (in some way) waste some of the performance. I would say best call would be to match the rpm. Or ditch the stress and buy matching fans ;)