TV/Monitor for conference room

Mark Cameron

We're looking to update our conference room TV.

Currently we have and old (5-6 years) LG TV, that's only 720p I believe.

The main use case of the monitor/TV is to cast webpages/apps through Chrome Cast or via and HDMI cable to show clients design mockups, or to navigate through a site.

Our current issue is that the color rendering isn't great, with most things being over saturated. The text is also often hard to read since the pixels don't really match up, and it can be aliased and such. The issue is pretty much the same if we're on ChromeCast or if we're running on the HDMI cable. So I don't really think it's a bandwidth issue.

We're basically looking for a big screen that acts more like a computer monitor so that we get better fidelity on what we are displaying. So I don't know if that requires that we go for a really large monitor, or if there's large TV's that would work for this type of scenario.

Anyone have any ideas of TV's or big monitors that would do the trick?

Thanks

Why chromecast? Windows 10 has built in function for wireless screens. The TV needs to have either built in Miracast or you can buy an adapter. Either way, go for a 4k TV because big 4k monitor would cost a lot more. I'd avoid phillips TV's unless you want to rage quit trying to set it up while using their 'smart' GUI. Going to the shop yourself to test the colors is highly suggested for something this expensive and important. 

Thanks I'll look into Miracast or similar as well. Thanks for the info I'll try some shops as well. Was just wondering if there is some specific thing I should be looking for with regards to connectivity/bandwidth/compression, since I'd read about some TV's not supporting certain spectrums when running at a certain resolution/fps that removed small detail in the image which isn't great for webpages, but not noticeable for moving video.

Chromecast mainly because we had one lying around and allowed for easy connectivity between Macs and Windows devices.