quick question quick answers

is there any benefit to overclock baseclock on k series chips for the smallest extra benefits to benchmarks? or just dont risk the extra instability and call it a day

7 minutes ago, Nogghan said:

is there any benefit to overclock baseclock on k series chips for the smallest extra benefits to benchmarks? or just dont risk the extra instability and call it a day

I believe so, at least if it is anything like OCing a GPU then yes, (I haven't yet had the opportunity to OC a CPU). If so then it should be able to improve the boost clock as well to a certain extent, by up to 15%. So based on that I would say yes, just remember to benchmark everything to double check that it is stable otherwise it will be quite the hassle.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Depends of the specific chip but for the most part it is just keep in mind that cpu over clocking is not like gpu over clocking and if you don't know what you're doing you can damage your cpu but otherwise you can get a decent amount of fps from cpu overclocking. 

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

I believe so, at least if it is anything like OCing a GPU then yes, (I haven't yet had the opportunity to OC a CPU). If so then it should be able to improve the boost clock as well to a certain extent, by up to 15%. So based on that I would say yes, just remember to benchmark everything to double check that it is stable otherwise it will be quite the hassle.

wait i can get potentially get better GPU performance from baseclock overclocking? even if i already have it pushed t the max

Generally when you touch the baseclock, generally referred to as BLCK, it usually affects more than just the CPU. It can affect other things such as Memory, SO voltages etc.. so its a tricky balancing act and unless you are going for world records, best to probably leave alone. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Oryzaki said:

Depends of the specific chip but for the most part it is just keep in mind that cpu over clocking is not like gpu over clocking and if you don't know what you're doing you can damage your cpu but otherwise you can get a decent amount of fps from cpu overclocking. 

Ok thanks, I have little experience in that area.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

im keeping my voltage lower than 1.4 on my 8600k i havent pushed over that 

1 minute ago, Nogghan said:

wait i can get potentially get better GPU performance from baseclock overclocking? even if i already have it pushed t the max

That is not what I meant to say, sorry. My mistake.

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Generally when you touch the baseclock, generally referred to as BLCK, it usually affects more than just the CPU. It can affect other things such as Memory, SO voltages etc.. so its a tricky balancing act and unless you are going for world records, best to probably leave alone. 

yeah i understand that i just want to know if its worth the balancing act to get the extra perforamance in benchmarks not world records but i want to see what my parts can do

3 minutes ago, Nogghan said:

yeah i understand that i just want to know if its worth the balancing act to get the extra perforamance in benchmarks not world records but i want to see what my parts can do

8600k tww 1080p

8600k tww 1080p

great i understand my 8600k at 5ghz is the top of the charts in games BUT BENCHMARKS...............................................................................................................

so yeah hope that helps

also that has to be the most useless thing anyones ever linked me and hoped it helped thats a benchmark for one game at 1080p with a 1080ti.... i dont see why you think that would help me with my question about base clock overclocking helping me push my cpu to the max in SYNTHETIC   B E N C H M A R K S

1 minute ago, Nogghan said:

great i understand my 8600k at 5ghz is the top of the charts in games BUT BENCHMARKS...............................................................................................................

8600k blender logo

Just now, Oryzaki said:

8600k blender logo

youre either a really clever troll or a plank

2 minutes ago, Nogghan said:

youre either a really clever troll or a plank

Google is you're friend if this site does not help then i don't wont to help you anymore https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-coffee-lake-core-i5-8600k-cpu,5264-9.html also remeber at the top thier is an arrow to go forwards and backwards in the pages of the article

5 minutes ago, Oryzaki said:

Google is you're friend if this site does not help then i don't wont to help you anymore https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-coffee-lake-core-i5-8600k-cpu,5264-9.html also remeber at the top thier is an arrow to go forwards and backwards in the pages of the article

dude youre such a plank i dont care about the performance of my chip i know how it performs i want to overclock it past the 5.3 ghz i can get out of it with the baseclock if its worth the headache thats the only question i want answered so why the hell do you keep linking me performance benchmarks you have to be the most useless helpful person ever p[lease stop trying to help anyone at all because you cant read anything and im talking about things like firestrike scores or geekbench or XTU benchmarks or even a cinebench score  or that shit not BASIC PERFORMANCE AT 5 GHZ

21 minutes ago, Nogghan said:

Just stick with core clock overclock.. leave the BLCK alone is what I would recommend to avoid other issues that can and do present itself with BLCK overclocking. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card