Intel HD Graphics weird behaviour

NeatSquidYT

Long time no see, everyone! :)

I recently put together a TV PC which is running just on the wood of my TV stand (not elegant but it works), and i haven't gotten the fans that I'm going to put on a broken graphics card my friend is going to give to me yet, so I'm running it off Intel HD Graphics, which i thought would be fine for basic games.

However, when I install the latest drivers off the Intel website, whenever the framerate isn't locked on the games I've tried so far (GTA III, SA and COD4) I get fucking crazy graphical glitches, even though the games themselves are running fine (90-110 FPS at 720P on COD4). The menus have these crazy glitches too.

So the natural solution would be to install older drivers, which i did. I resorted to my motherboard's support page and downloaded the drivers off there after uninstalling the old ones with DDU first. They work, and the problem is gone, great! But no, the performance on these drivers is pretty grim, with the framerate on COD4 being all over the place and maxing out at 60FPS, but with the framerate's unreliability it's unplayable. GTA SA has pretty dire performance too considering the age. I can't launch the Intel Control Panel off these drivers either for some crazy reason, the process kills itself as soon as it's launched.

Has anyone else experienced this? How would I go about fixing it? 

Specs of the PC:

Pentium G3258 OC'd to 4.3GHz at 1.2V VCore (ran AIDA64 overnight, it was stable)

MSI H81M-P33

2x4GB Samsung RAM sticks that i got for pretty cheap, passed memtest perfectly fine, running at 1400MHz due to lack of XMP support (1333MHz has the same issue so it's not that)

Corsair CX600M (what i had laying around)

I'm using the DVI output of the motherboard with a DVI to HDMI adapter if that makes any difference for some reason.

Thanks!