IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

Nice one!

You’re a full pro now ;-)

Hey all,

Been watching Linus for ages now, so thought I would come onto the forums to ask for any tips. I am a total software guy, not a hardware guy, so I have been putting off updating my rig for a while, but today I have taken the plunge. I have just brought a 1050ti and a new case, and tomorrow I am going to swap from my old case and into the new one. Being that this is my first major build job, just wondering if anyone has any decent tips or guides on how to do this easily and safely without blowing up my MoBo or my new graphics card.

Gotta do what Linus says in every build guide.

Make sure you can't short out any of the components with static electricity, and you should be fine.

Welcome to the forums!

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Hard to explain in a forum , but when removing the 24 pin power connector be very careful , they are very hard to get out and if you don't do it properly you will break your mobo. You have to push in the clip and jiggle it around and around until it comes out , if you feel your motherboard bending too much you may have to put one hand on it and pull with the other.

4 minutes ago, Tonkaturn said:

Hey all,

Been watching Linus for ages now, so thought I would come onto the forums to ask for any tips. I am a total software guy, not a hardware guy, so I have been putting off updating my rig for a while, but today I have taken the plunge. I have just brought a 1050ti and a new case, and tomorrow I am going to swap from my old case and into the new one. Being that this is my first major build job, just wondering if anyone has any decent tips or guides on how to do this easily and safely without blowing up my MoBo or my new graphics card.

Do it in your underwear and with you socks off preferably on hardwood and touch the large metal part of the case pretty often to ground yourself. 

You should make sure to unlatch your current cpu before taking it our that way you don't break your pcie slot. The little clip on the end of the pcie slot. It looks alot like the ones for your ram. 

Remember io shield,

cpu power cable,

tim,

if your power led or HDD led don't work just reverse the front io connector at the MB,

turn on the PSU switch to run, I always forget this one.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

4 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Do it in your underwear and with you socks off

Not sure if you're trolling or not though :D:P

I guess being cauteous doesn't harm anything, but I've never heard anyone strip down to build a PC before xD

4 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Gotta do what Linus says in every build guide.

If you're ging to reference Linus:

@Tonkaturn don't drop it!

59 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Not sure if you're trolling or not though :D:P

I guess being cauteous doesn't harm anything, but I've never heard anyone strip down to build a PC before xD

Part troll and part legit what I did when I built my first pc. Was so scared of static shock breaking the components that I was in my boxers putting the thing together. 

58 minutes ago, Tonkaturn said:

I won't drop it don't worry :)

Then you've already accomplished something :D

Then it is up to you if you're going to follow the advice of @Brooksie359 or not.xD

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Part troll and part legit what I did when I built my first pc. Was so scared of static shock breaking the components that I was in my boxers putting the thing together. 

I have been hearing all about static shock all day... so scared of it!

6 minutes ago, Tonkaturn said:

I have been hearing all about static shock all day... so scared of it!

If you keep your head with the build, you'll be fine.

As long as you're not on shag carpet with fuzzy socks and a wool sweater, you should be OK. Simply touch something metal inside the case before you're touching anything.

Also, it helps to start with the power supply, and have it plugged in and turned off. In this way, there is a path to ground.

I did it... and everything works FINE!!!! Love my new case and my new GPU... 

Not bad for a noob :) Thanks to everyone for all your advice 

35 minutes ago, Tonkaturn said:

I did it... and everything works FINE!!!! Love my new case and my new GPU... 

Not bad for a noob :) Thanks to everyone for all your advice 

Great job! Congratulations!

Now we need some pictures ;-)

1 hour ago, Tonkaturn said:

and this is after 

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

Nice one!