PC running slow after installing GTX 1050 Ti

thegurjyot

I just installed GTX 1050 Ti in my computer. But due to some reason it's running even slower than ever before.

Configuration of my PC

Intel i5 4440

12 GB RAM

1TB HDD

230W power supply

All I can figure out at this time is that the required power supply for this graphics card is minimum 300W and I have 230W. Can this be the issue?

I have tried everything else, like removing old graphics driver, doing a clean install of new Graphics Drivers.

This can definitely be a issue, 230 watt is a bit little!!

Since you already deinstalled your old graphics driver and installed a new one, this should not be the issue.

Don't you have a different power supply somewhere to see if that makes a difference?

48 minutes ago, thegurjyot said:

I just installed GTX 1050 Ti in my computer. But due to some reason it's running even slower than ever before.

Configuration of my PC

Intel i5 4440

12 GB RAM

1TB HDD

230W power supply

All I can figure out at this time is that the required power supply for this graphics card is minimum 300W and I have 230W. Can this be the issue?

I have tried everything else, like removing old graphics driver, doing a clean install of new Graphics Drivers.

get an ssd and 450 power supply,

1 hour ago, thegurjyot said:

Configuration of my PC

Intel i5 4440

12 GB RAM

1TB HDD

230W power supply

get more powerful psu asap before it damages your pc.it's not powerful enough to make your pc run at full performance

How silly even turning it on with an inadequate supply of power! 

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

5 hours ago, userzero said:

How silly even turning it on with an inadequate supply of power! 

I am really sorry, I am not very knowledgeable about computer hardware just right now. 

Will let everyone know once I install a new psu.