High refresh 1440p recommendations

Swiftfeather

Hello. I currently run an Asus PG279Q and have enjoyed it for the most part, however, it's about time I add another monitor to my setup as I am doing a complete room redecoration. New desk. New chair. New paint. New decorations. And I'd love to add a new monitor to that.

I would just go and buy another PG279Q, but the uprise of new technologies has piqued my interest.

Are there any good high refresh, 1440p monitors that have a high color depth? The PG279Q does the resolution, framerate very well, and the color pretty well. However, with HDR now arriving on monitors, how is the technology faring? Are monitors such as the samsung C32HG70 worth it at this point?

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

I think that HDR in pc's isn't worth the increase in price, HDR in 4k TV, but in monitors just not yet, good IPS panel will do the job, something like this dell would be the best I think : Monitor LED 27" Dell U2715H QHD UltraSharp HDMI

6 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

I think that HDR in pc's isn't worth the increase in price, HDR in 4k TV, but in monitors just not yet, good IPS panel will do the job, something like this dell would be the best I think : Monitor LED 27" Dell U2715H QHD UltraSharp HDMI

That would be a downgrade from the PG279q I am currently running.

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

2 minutes ago, Swiftfeather said:

That would be a downgrade from the PG279q I am currently running.

If you care about color depth and quality of the panel dell wins with you asus, it has lower refresh rate but wayyy better picture quality :) I think that you have to step down somewhere, good quality panel or higher refresh rate