[SOLVED] Question about built in wifi

What exactly isn't working? You have no wifi icon in the task bar? You may need to go to the motherboard website and download the driver. You should have an icon at the bottom right of task bar to see what open networks there are. Let me know exactly what the problem is and I'll try to help. I just built with the same board. 

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

Just now, Santo22 said:

What exactly isn't working? You have no wifi icon in the task bar? You may need to go to the motherboard website and download the driver. You should have an icon at the bottom right of task bar to see what open networks there are. Let me know exactly what the problem is and I'll try to help. I just built with the same board. 

yes there is no option to select a network to connect to in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop. It looks like a normal board would if it didn't have built in wifi where it expects you to connect an ethernet chord.

1 minute ago, ShadeWolf said:

yes there is no option to select a network to connect to in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop. It looks like a normal board would if it didn't have built in wifi where it expects you to connect an ethernet chord.

With another PC, go to the motherboard's website and download the driver. Move the driver onto a USB drive, and use that to install the driver on your desktop.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Ok, so either you need to go into Windows settings and make sure Wifi is turned on or you need to go here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4/index.us.asp#Download 

But the driver should have installed while installing windows. So check settings first. Also you can check in Device Manager to make sure the Network Adapter is showing up

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+

Ok, so I restarted the computer twice before and it still wasn't recognizing any wifi signal but I just restarted it for something completely different and it suddenly popped up and works now so.... at least it works I guess.

Windows must have finally installed the driver. I would recommend still going to the link I gave you and downloading the latest drivers as well. Glad to see you go it going though!