$1000 pc build

Go to solution Solved by Ultimatebuster,

I might be biased because i am a ryzen 5 1600 user myself but i'll try to be objective..

the choice will depend on what you will use it.. for pure gaming, maybe you should go to i5.. but if you're gonna use the PC for  workstation related, use Ryzen.. 

personally i'll use ryzen because for gaming performance it usually comes down to your Graphics card.. few games nowadays are CPU bound games.. most games are GPU Bound and will utilize your GPU more than your CPU.. that being said, using ryzen will sacrifice some FPS, but you will gain advantage in other aspects such as rendering performance, etc.. if you don't need these tasks, then go to intel..

maybe this video can help

for gaming, just around 5 to 10 FPS drop..

and if you want to overclock, then choose ryzen, i5-8400 isn't overclockable..

hey guys,

should I go with AMD RYZEN 5 1600 or INTEL CORE I5-8400 for my 1000usd pc build?

1600 if you're gonna do streaming, i5 8400 if you're just gaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, The Asian Dude said:

hey guys,

should I go with AMD RYZEN 5 1600 or INTEL CORE I5-8400 for my 1000usd pc build?

Depends for what, the Ryzen 5 1600 is a bit more expensive, and the i5 8400 performs slightly better in Benchmarks.  
The Ryzen 5 1600 comes with a higher base clock speed and more threads then the i5 8400.

I might be biased because i am a ryzen 5 1600 user myself but i'll try to be objective..

the choice will depend on what you will use it.. for pure gaming, maybe you should go to i5.. but if you're gonna use the PC for  workstation related, use Ryzen.. 

personally i'll use ryzen because for gaming performance it usually comes down to your Graphics card.. few games nowadays are CPU bound games.. most games are GPU Bound and will utilize your GPU more than your CPU.. that being said, using ryzen will sacrifice some FPS, but you will gain advantage in other aspects such as rendering performance, etc.. if you don't need these tasks, then go to intel..

maybe this video can help

for gaming, just around 5 to 10 FPS drop..

and if you want to overclock, then choose ryzen, i5-8400 isn't overclockable..

PC: MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic, Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1060 6GB. Gloway DDR4 16gb 2400MHz, Toshiba TL100 240gb, 2X Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Multi Monitor Setup