BSOD Windows 10 + crashes

Teknis
Go to solution Solved by Teknis,
On 5/23/2018 at 5:16 PM, stateofpsychosis said:

You're going to have to buy a USB stick to fit the windows installation on and get back to us.

My recommendation at this point would be reinstalling windows if all of that failed already.

You could try a system restore in the mean time I guess.

If you hold shift and then click restart it'll bring up a menu.. You can do a system restore from there if system restore in windows was failing.

Still though, an 8gb USB 2.0 thumb drive will not be expensive at all so just pick one of those up.

Thank you for answering, I found out what the issue was when I was running memtest and got 10000+ errors, it was the xmp profile causing the bluescreens.

;)

So the problem is that I get bluescreens a lot and any program I run crashes all the time (Fortnite, Google Chrome, Adobe Lightroom)

I have had around 10 crashes with diffrent error messages per day which is annoying.

I didn't have this problem before the new windows 10 update, I have tried reverting to the old update but couldn't, I have tried to reinstall windows but that just fails, I can't find a thumbdrive large enough for a windows installation, I don't have any overclocks, I have the newest graphics drivers, Newest bios update (2016), 

• x64
  • Retail OS
  • Windows 10
  • Intel I5 4690k
  • Sapphire nitro 380x
  • MotherBoard - Asus z97-e
  • Power Supply - 500w
  • Desktop

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_TsRzDSKMXUcQC5Aza-Ln5fuaABWDuut?usp=sharing

On 5/22/2018 at 2:12 AM, Teknis said:

So the problem is that I get bluescreens a lot and any program I run crashes all the time (Fortnite, Google Chrome, Adobe Lightroom)

I have had around 10 crashes with diffrent error messages per day which is annoying.

I didn't have this problem before the new windows 10 update, I have tried reverting to the old update but couldn't, I have tried to reinstall windows but that just fails, I can't find a thumbdrive large enough for a windows installation, I don't have any overclocks, I have the newest graphics drivers, Newest bios update (2016), 

• x64
  • Retail OS
  • Windows 10
  • Intel I5 4690k
  • Sapphire nitro 380x
  • MotherBoard - Asus z97-e
  • Power Supply - 500w
  • Desktop

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_TsRzDSKMXUcQC5Aza-Ln5fuaABWDuut?usp=sharing

You're going to have to buy a USB stick to fit the windows installation on and get back to us.

My recommendation at this point would be reinstalling windows if all of that failed already.

If you hold shift and then click restart it'll bring up a menu.. You can do a system restore from there if system restore in windows was failing.

Still though, an 8gb USB 2.0 thumb drive will not be expensive at all so just pick one of those up.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:16 PM, stateofpsychosis said:

Thank you for answering, I found out what the issue was when I was running memtest and got 10000+ errors, it was the xmp profile causing the bluescreens.

;)

16 hours ago, Teknis said:

;)

So yea... you're going to have to learn manual ram overclocking if you want to bump up that ram frequency now..

Even if ram is not validated for your system and won't support the XMP profile, you can still find stability at higher frequencies manually by adjusting voltage and timings. Follow some guides on it for your specific type of ram (DDR3, DDR4, etc).